• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EPA holding 2017 Diesels hostage

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its My understanding 2017 won't happen.... Any thinking person could reasonably assume mid year release = even bigger looses when 18s arrive.. and mid year production changes would cost $$$$$$$,it doesn't even pencil.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Unless they offer up big incentives I'm taking my business elsewhere at this point. It would only be courteous, I'm not holding my breath. I'd take a 2018 but currently they are saying May and that would be a 2017 model. I'm not going to eat that loss so to speak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
"Its My understanding 2017 won't happen...."

Where is that information coming from?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Adaman7 , What part of My understanding ,don't you understand?

John

Nov 13, 2015
Adaman7 , What part of My understanding ,don't you understand?

I too was wondering where is that information coming from?

I'm having a hard time understanding your reply.

What exactly does "my understanding" mean?

Your best guess?
Gut feeling?
Inside information?
Keystrokes?

Thanks for a more definitive answer if you care to provide one.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Back on topic. In 16 days, May 8th, I will have more information. According to the FCA rep that is the tentative build date. I'm not holding my breath. My wife and I have decided to wait until then before buying a truck. I want an efficient v6 turbo diesel but I'm done waiting. Any suggestions on an alternate truck I could get until this or another hits the market?

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
I'm still cautiously optimistic. Any suggestion on a short term alternative in case I have to hold out for a 2018? I'd want to spend no more than 15k. That would reduce the bath I'd have to take.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I'm still cautiously optimistic. Any suggestion on a short term alternative in case I have to hold out for a 2018? I'd want to spend no more than 15k. That would reduce the bath I'd have to take.

I hate to say this, but I'm not sure I'd buy a 17 at this point unless it has GREAT discounts. '18 year model trucks are just 3-5 months away anyways.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yeah that is my feeling. It's going to have to be an incredible incentive for me to bite.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I think they made a Disney song that applies here...

Let it go, let it goooo and so on and so forth.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
Only it does kind of matter, cause we're all potentially stuck with a truck that doesn't meet emissions, I love my pickup, but I'm jumping on the ford bandwagon when their half ton comes out

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Only it does kind of matter, cause we're all potentially stuck with a truck that doesn't meet emissions, I love my pickup, but I'm jumping on the ford bandwagon when their half ton comes out
Gah, idk if I can handle a ford. They just seem to have such a cheap interior. Tundra is supposedly coming out with a V6 turbo diesel also. But I don't like their interior. Why can't GMC or Dodge get their act together.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
I dont believe you will see a 17,I work in the truck plant and i havent seen one yet,and may is also getting close to changeover to 18.I don't claim to have any inside information just what i see.

Thanks Mark! I have been getting the horse and carrot treatment from FCA corporate. It's refreshing having someone else with tangible information rather than manufactured hyperbole as some seem so fond of. Have they mentioned anything about possible manufacturing or is it all hush hush? I will drop a line to my guy in a few days but I doubt it will be anything worth while since everything so far has been BS..... I'm still waiting for my truck that was supposed to be delivered in November:p

markgyver

Sep 9, 2016
Truck Year
We dont hear anything about there plans on what to build.I work at the back of the paint shop.just outside the door is where they load trains and transporters and I havent seen a eco since changeover.Btw,im in the trades so i get around a bit in the plant.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Multiple posts deleted.

I'm tired of baby sitting. Please keep this on topic and to the point. WE ALL want to know what's going on with the '17's, and fighting an complaining online like school children isn't going to help us.

The next one out of line gets a vacation. I'm a one man army here, and I don't have time to monitor this thread 24/7/365.. I have a life myself.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
We dont hear anything about there plans on what to build.I work at the back of the paint shop.just outside the door is where they load trains and transporters and I havent seen a eco since changeover.Btw,im in the trades so i get around a bit in the plant.

Thanks for sharing that info sir. It's good info!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
What date was the change over... Here are 2 dated Aug 16... I can get My tit in the ringer for posting this. I can't remember if I posted it here already.

Attachments

• ED orders..pdf
    678.7 KB · Views: 15