• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel Check engine light P20ee-00

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
New here and was wondering if any one else has had the P20ee-00 engine code.
The dealer where I bought mine has no one certified to work on it ,they pulled the code and flashed and said they installed some updates. The code keeps coming back,they say it needs testing which they can't do so I had to find another dealer closest one that said they would look at it is 2 hrs away. I really want to like the truck but with its track record I'm having a hard time

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
Not at the moment, he quit and went to work for Volvo rental. They have a tech that likes about 2 months but doesn't help me now. They have been without one I know since November of 2014.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Your only option is to drive to another dealer closer to you that has a diesel tech on site. That code comes back as an emissions code, here is a workorder I found for another EcoDiesel that had the same problem:

PUNCH #1 AND #2 CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON . CODE p2OEE-00 SCR NOX CATALYST EFFICIENCY BELOW THRESHOLD BANK 1 . CHECK BULLETINS AND STAR (FOUND BULLETIN NUMBER 18-045-14 ) (265PUNCI-11) PERFORMED DIAGNOSTICS FOR P2OEE. CHECKED DEF CONCENTRATION FOUND DEF FLUID OK AT 32.5%. REMOVED DEF INJECTOR AND PERFORMED INJECTOR QUANTITY MEASUREMENT TEST. TEST PASS AT 30ML. FOUND DECOMPOSITION TUBE IS PLUGGED WITH DEF CRYSTALLIZATION. CALLED JAMIL AT TECHLINE AND HE ADVISED TO CLEAN TUBE THOROUGHLY AND FLASH PCM TO LATEST SOFTWARE LEVEL. CAREFULLY CLEANED DECOMP TUBE. (265PUNCH2) FLASHED PCM TO LATEST SOFTWARE LEVEL. ALL OK NOW.

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
The reason I know since November is because I had to take it in for a coolant leak or I should say a blow out. After they had it for 3 days they called and said they had taken it to another dealer since they were without a tech. 14 days and several phone calls later I finally got it back seems they couldn't get it to duplicate the problem but did admit it had one they finally found a clip on one of the hoses that had not been removed at the factory which kept the hose clamp from closing. In October I woke up to a flood in the back seat seems there is a new part number for the 3rd brake light the old one the gasket leaks. Now for the last month I've been dealing with this same code: p20ee-00 scr nox catalyst below threshold. The 1st time they just reset it said it was probably just a glitch and it went about a month and it's back 2nd time the tech that's is being trained did perform a reflash and installed some updates light came back next day and 50 miles later took it back they said they had done all they could do since tech wasn't trained took to another dealer 1 hr away they said they checked for leaks in the system and said they installed another update light came back on 2 days and about 175 miles later.

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks for the info. I have an appointment Tuesday I'll pass that on to the tech.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Sounds like your getting the run around. I would make sure to keep all documentation in case this next dealer can't figure it out. Then call Ram customer service and open a case.

AzRamDiesel

Jan 2, 2014
It seems a lot of people are having problems with the emissions, but.. it seems once they get 1 big issue corrected all is well.

Hope the best for you.

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
Went to the third dealer yesterday this one actually did testing. DEF was ok, injector flow was ok at 28ml. They said I need a new scr catalyst which is on national back order with no eta. Reset the cel said it would be back on but not to worry it was ok to drive. Will call dodge customer service to see what's up with this wait time maybe safe to drive but I'm not a big fan of driving with a CEL on in a new truck.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Went to the third dealer yesterday this one actually did testing. DEF was ok, injector flow was ok at 28ml. They said I need a new scr catalyst which is on national back order with no eta. Reset the cel said it would be back on but not to worry it was ok to drive. Will call dodge customer service to see what's up with this wait time maybe safe to drive but I'm not a big fan of driving with a CEL on in a new truck.

Just make sure it's documented it's ok to drive. You're not the only one having this problem.. a lot have been affected so far.

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
Update: called customer service to see if they couldn't expedite the new cat. She said she would pass the info along to someone should get a phone call in 4-5 days. Wonder how they would act if I told them my payment was on national back order. Also the original dealer that I purchased it from offered to have it taken off the one they had in the lot told them thanks but it is a new part number. They did however agree to a couple of oil changes since I am having to take it 2 hrs away for service until the tech gets certified they originally offer to take the truck to the other dealer for me but I pushed for the oil changes instead still cheaper on them than sending 2 men 2hrs away twice. Meanwhile I bought a code reader just so I could reset the code for the remote start to work till it warms up

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
They called back the next day. She informed me my part would be "ready" in 2 weeks. Makes me think they don't even have it made. Also reminds me of the contractor in the movie the money pit who when asked when he'll be through always replies 2 weeks

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
Latest update at dealership today getting the scr catalyst installed they just informed me that they have it installed and now they have to drive it 150 miles or so then I'm sure run another test on it now drove 2 hrs to get here made no arrangements for any one to pick me up so I'm here for the day wish I'd known all this upfront service tech said it would take 2-3 hours to install was okay with that wait but really wasn't planing on camping out in the waiting area

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
I was,but I kept my cool, they did offer to take me to lunch or anywhere else. They finished about 1:30 so it wasn't as long as they first thought. Service writer was very apologetic seems there were more technical service bulletins having to do with this issue that came out 3 days ago which required more time than they originally thought I have 2 pages of things they did. They also fixed a couple of cosmetic issues they noticed while I was there so even after a long day I'm okay with it since the check engine light is off and it has stayed off. Haven't really read all the technical things they did.

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
I was,but I kept my cool, they did offer to take me to lunch or anywhere else. They finished about 1:30 so it wasn't as long as they first thought. Service writer was very apologetic seems there were more technical service bulletins having to do with this issue that came out 3 days ago which required more time than they originally thought I have 2 pages of things they did. They also fixed a couple of cosmetic issues they noticed while I was there so even after a long day I'm okay with it since the check engine light is off and it has stayed off. Haven't really read all the technical things they did.

If you get the Bulletin numbers that would be great, it would probably help others who might be having problems.

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
Here is an abbreviated version of the ticket
Recently in for P20ee-00
Found and performed TSB 18-045-14
Performed PCM update on line #4 previously 11-50-01-9g test DEF system and replace SCR catalyst DS Vehicles only
After TSB SCR healing must be performed drained DEF tank, reset DEF tank gauge. Performed SCR mileage extend using witech, filled def tank with 2 gallons of def performed SCR tank level reset, added 2 more gallons of DEF. Performed DPF regeneration, cleared codes and test drove. This is covered under STAR CASE S1425000006

Customer states check for and perform any available software updates
Performed TSB 18-021-15
18-19-04-B5 module, power train control (PCM)
Reprogram only, ( Includes fuse voltage check)

I hope this helps and so far I've put 150 miles on the truck no CEL

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Here is an abbreviated version of the ticket
Recently in for P20ee-00
Found and performed TSB 18-045-14
Performed PCM update on line #4 previously 11-50-01-9g test DEF system and replace SCR catalyst DS Vehicles only
After TSB SCR healing must be performed drained DEF tank, reset DEF tank gauge. Performed SCR mileage extend using witech, filled def tank with 2 gallons of def performed SCR tank level reset, added 2 more gallons of DEF. Performed DPF regeneration, cleared codes and test drove. This is covered under STAR CASE S1425000006

Customer states check for and perform any available software updates
Performed TSB 18-021-15
18-19-04-B5 module, power train control (PCM)
Reprogram only, ( Includes fuse voltage check)

I hope this helps and so far I've put 150 miles on the truck no CEL

Thanks for that. Hopefully you don't have any more problems!