• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Eco Diesel Exhaust Filter issues

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Next time your 80% message comes up try and do a parked regeneration. Just run the engine anything beyond 1800 rpms and once it initiates it will drop about 10% per minute. All while sitting in your driveway at a high idle. This is identical to a computer forced regen by the dealer. If it continues building soot and will not go down let it idle to cool down then shut it down and call the dealer to send a wrecker over on their dime.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
Sorry, don't mean to steal your thunder but I kinda feel the same. The first day I had my truck, I put 800 km on it with a service engine light on and 18.5 liters per 100km. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong so drove away. Didn't even get across the street and my 80% regen came on so went on the highway again fo 20 minutes and that cleared up. The dealer manuals got rid of the service engine light. Went home and an hour, still highway driving, and the service engine light went on again. By the time I got back home it was down to 10.5 liters per 100 km. I now have 23,000km and haven't had another regen since that first one. This is my 2016, my 2015 showed regen almost every 1500km, mostly highway driving and was giving me between 7 and 9 liters per 100km on a regular basis. Is not having a regen in about 20,000km something I should be looking at?
It's still probably doing it, just not notifying you about it

Bob S.

Sep 1, 2016
Truck Year
I have been down south driving at low speeds (in town) which does not allow for proper regen unless I drive in manual mode and keep the RPM at about 2300 rpm or about 625 F on the turbo and it will regen even at low speeds in town.
An Edge II will allow you to monitor the soot levels and you can trip a regen if you go above 70 % manually.

1stdiesel

Aug 17, 2017
Truck Year
I have a '15 with 69k miles and am having the same issue over the past 6 weeks the dealer has forced regen once and reset the codes 3 times. Exhaust filter full see dealer just comes back with limp mode a couple days after resetting. Today they told me they will have to replace the "particular" that cost $3,000!! Warranty has ran out to! Anybody else ran into this with no warranty left?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I have a '15 with 69k miles and am having the same issue over the past 6 weeks the dealer has forced regen once and reset the codes 3 times. Exhaust filter full see dealer just comes back with limp mode a couple days after resetting. Today they told me they will have to replace the "particular" that cost $3,000!! Warranty has ran out to! Anybody else ran into this with no warranty left?
Emissions Warranty does run a bit longer, see if it's covered under that?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Aaannnddd that's 1k tune and 1k exhaust work, the guy is trying to avoid the 3,000$ Shop Bill?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Aaannnddd that's 1k tune and 1k exhaust work, the guy is trying to avoid the 3,000$ Shop Bill?
Are both that still expensive now? I haven't checked lately...

Regardless, it should fix the emissions issues for sure.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Offroad tune runs what 800$?

And yeah a Turbo to Center pipe mandrel bent stainless (the proper way to delete) is 1k+

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
I can guarantee with a delete though he's not gonna have to worry about replacing the particulate filter again............... I'm not saying I'm for deleting the truck, but you want a permanent fix to exhaust filter issues, the only way to do that is to get rid of it. It used to be 3/4-1 tons had to have 80k mile coverage, anything larger had to have 120,000 mile emissions coverage, I don't know if that still applies or how it works in the half ton world.
https://www.epa.gov/air-pollution-t...ns-epas-office-transportation-and-air-quality

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Nothing wrong with that, beautiful piece of metal it is, but tack on labor to bolt to to the Turbo, and then find a confident stainless steel welder to finish everything up, and let me know where you end up for cost?

No welding required just bolt it on.

Riccardo Rasberry

Oct 11, 2017
Truck Year
Ok so in sept of 16, experience the messages as I indicated above and smoke or exhaust in the cabin. They changed oil at that time with 5705 miles on it their code was
P2463 DPF accumulation and u029e box sensor module no communications. They road tested all fine
So in February 17 same messages mi is 11396 and have driven from California to Arizona and back and several trips to San Diego
Codes r P2463 DPF soot accumulation again and says change oil again! So they reset regen then their remarks are Runs Great!
Really so had 2 full oil changes within 6 months I had to pay for the second. Now they just called me and asked if I had run it on the highway to blow out, I said yes and even the time before that so basically told them don't give me the truck back if u can't fix it it's a lemon and then they said the tech can't clear the regen!11 ugh lemon people. Thoughts?
It's not just you. I'm starting a new tread as I have the same issue. These ecodiesels are junk.

Zigi

Mar 21, 2016
Truck Year
If I didn’t know what site I was on, I’d think I was listening to guys talking about their girlfriends. Some are better than others although you would think that if you bought two identical engines, they would operate pretty much the same

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
If I didn’t know what site I was on, I’d think I was listening to guys talking about their girlfriends. Some are better than others although you would think that if you bought two identical engines, they would operate pretty much the same
The irony behind that is I only know of one or two guys that actually do have 2 ecodiesel's and they're happy and problem free with both as far as I know.

One bad egg and guys are quick to dismiss the lot. And people just like to vent on the WWW of course

ScottMerritt585

Nov 21, 2017
Truck Year
Do you have a monitor so you can keep an eye on soot load?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the exhaust filter regeneration can be triggered to start at a lower level? My engine alerts me at 80% full. This is OK if you can drive at highway speeds. However sometimes I am stuck in traffic and it quickly goes to 90% in a few miles. One time it went into limp home mode and I had to take it to the dealer to be reset.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Does anyone know if the exhaust filter regeneration can be triggered to start at a lower level? My engine alerts me at 80% full. This is OK if you can drive at highway speeds. However sometimes I am stuck in traffic and it quickly goes to 90% in a few miles. One time it went into limp home mode and I had to take it to the dealer to be reset.

It would have to be programmed via a engine tune. But, you can get an external monitor (I think Edge CTS2 does this) to start a manual regen process.. say you're headed on a freeway trip, and then kick it off..

Marl Ward

Jan 9, 2018
Truck Year
Sounds like they should have went after the root cause which is your emissions and DPF filter. I second the recommendation find a new dealer many of these mechanics that are employed at dealerships are not qualified let alone receive the training on new products we get into the assumption issue. If the vehicle goes into limp as a result of a clogged DPF or the soot not getting cleaned, you would think they would go after the root problems.