• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Intermittent start problems 2016 Ecodiesel

Jerryp

Oct 12, 2017
Truck Year
A victim of Harvey and high water. I have had the vehicle serviced with all fluids changed. Starter and alternator serviced. Lately I have had intermittent start problems. I turn key fob to start nothing happens. Wait a few seconds then it may or may not start. When it does start there the power seems just fine. This problem occurs with remote start also. Hasn't left me stranded yet because it has eventually started. Don't know if this in inherent to the Ecodiesel or something that I am experiencing.

Any help appreciated.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
A victim of Harvey and high water. I have had the vehicle serviced with all fluids changed. Starter and alternator serviced. Lately I have had intermittent start problems. I turn key fob to start nothing happens. Wait a few seconds then it may or may not start. When it does start there the power seems just fine. This problem occurs with remote start also. Hasn't left me stranded yet because it has eventually started. Don't know if this in inherent to the Ecodiesel or something that I am experiencing.

Any help appreciated.

Welcome Jerry. Something electrical for sure.

Zachary

Oct 22, 2017
Truck Year
Assuming you had water to at least the frame, some important wire harnesses got submerged. The most critical connection is attached to the frame on the driver side toward the front (below driver door), it's large and you can't miss it. I would suggest taking a couple hours and crawling around under your truck with a lot of dielectric grease and packing every harness connection you find with it. You may have residual water causing increased resistance and over time corrosion will occur. I'd also spray any exposed metal with fluid film, it will help prevent rust but will need regular applications (every 2 years should suffice in Texas).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jerryp

Oct 12, 2017
Truck Year
Thanks, for some unknown reason the start problem has stopped. No problems since my original post

Zachary

Oct 22, 2017
Truck Year
Thanks, for some unknown reason the start problem has stopped. No problems since my original post
That's good, I bet water evaporated and things are back to normal. I would still recommend packing those harnesses with electrical grease as a preventative measure against corrosion, that's usually the biggest long term flood damage issue.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk