• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Would You Buy Again?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
2019 Ram looks like a winner..

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
You know, I have a 15 that I ordered late in the model year. I have been to the dealer twice for Body related issues. Changed oil, air filter, fuel filter and differential fluids. that's it. 65k and a set of tires. I have some impending issues that may need addressing in the near future, but it's been a really Damn good truck. If it weren't for the fact I would never again take the 20k hit for depreciation I would absolutely do it again. But it's been stated time and time again, this engine seems to be all or nothing in regards to reliability

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
Hi Everybody, I recently totaled my 2016 Laramie EcoDiesel. I've read a lot of alarming posts about this engine over the last 6-8 months on here. My question is would you buy a 2017/18 if you had a chance? Is Chrysler still going to use this engine in the future? I loved my truck!

By the way I lived but the tree maybe not. They had to cut me out. This truck saved my life!!!!

Thanks, Mike
View attachment 1535
Glad your OK, had mine now for about 5 months, just turned 6000 miles, to answer your question without question YES, it has been completely trouble free, drives well, there is nothing out there I would want

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Glad your OK, had mine now for about 5 months, just turned 6000 miles, to answer your question without question YES, it has been completely trouble free, drives well, there is nothing out there I would want

Welcome to the forum @Ronald Doupe !

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
Put me down for no. My next truck will not need a $800 ecm tune the minute I drive it off the lot just so i feel like my odds of it breaking down will be lessened.

My truck has been trouble free for 18 months since new. I like the truck very much, except the sub par headlights. I just don't like the fact that I own the least reliable power plant produced in the last 3 years. Oh yeah, enjoy that rebate because resale value is a real kick in the nuts thanks to the rebate and the engine reliability reputation.