• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FCA, Customers Begin Negotiating A Settlement For Alleged Excess Diesel Emissions

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Updated report from Jalopnik

Both sides have acknowledged that any settlement will need to include a monetary penalty, a plan to recall and fix about 104,000 diesel pickups and SUVs and some effort to repair environmental harm caused by the vehicles’ excess pollution, according to a Jan. 27 letter from Justice Department lawyers to Fiat Chrysler attorneys obtained by Bloomberg News.

Fiat Chrysler acknowledged the need for those three pillars in a term sheet the company submitted earlier to government lawyers, the letter said. The automaker’s term sheet also “appears to propose” reducing the size of the monetary penalty based on the funding it would commit to projects aimed at promoting low- or zero-emission “mobility projects,” the letter said. The Justice Department said regulators would be willing to consider such projects.

Gossman78

Oct 2, 2016
Truck Year
I really hope if they detune the truck some sort of compensation is assessed. The extra $'s for the motor were the exact item the dealer was trying to sell against the Chevy High Country. If it ends up being the same they owe me $5k as far as I'm concerned.

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
i just got this from my lawyer: where this goes i don't know yet!

Good morning,

On Thursday March 15, 2018, the Court granted in part and denied in part FCA's and Bosch’s two motions to dismiss the lawsuit. This decision upholds the Plaintiffs' claims under state consumer laws as well as RICO fraud claims under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.

We are incredibly pleased that the court has allowed this suit to continue. We look forward to continuing this case into discovery to uncover the full scope of FCA's and Bosch’s dealings.

Thanks,
Jessica

Hundo

Aug 5, 2017
Truck Year
Did you personally sue them or are you a part of a group that started this?

Hundo

Aug 5, 2017
Truck Year
So what was your reasoning to join the class action? Are you wanting less emissions as what it was suppose to omit. And in doing so are you ok with less performance/towing and fuel economy.

I’m pulling about 7k now and I don’t want less performance (states 9k ) or less fuel economy. I have 40k on it now and bought it in 8/2016 and happy with it as is. FCA may not offer a buyback as a whole but each individual can make the argument they were sold a product that wasn’t as stated on the MSRP. For me personally I’d just prefer to wash my hands of it and have them make me a deal on a 2500/3500 Cummings.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
I hate to weigh in as I have made some of these observations on other threads on this site, but. From what I have read and seen in the real world the Approved 2017 eco's did not suffer any fuel mileage or HP reductions. FCA has multiple times attempted to get the 2017 tune included as a mitigation step for the 2014-2016 models EPA suit. Yet to be seen if that is the case. So if we as a class of consumers with vehicles that violated the Certificate of Compliance can get a resolution without a reduction in performance we cannot ask for compensation for loss of value on that question.
Now does that close the door on compensation for purchase of a vehicle with the express expectation of compliance, that in fact was not compliant? Maybe not.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
IMO FCA going to lose BIG time, in Both the DOJ Cases, The CA class Action filed in SanFran CA Means little to Me. Now ,2017 Here had lots of Problems in the cold...Regardless of legal Actions, the 3.0 QC out of Cento will continue to Occur, The Only Saving of the Ram Ecodiesel 3.0 Is re-tooling Cento to 21ST century standards or New FPT Motor. Fait has other proven Diesel power, They have the resources to redevelop something...My guess is its coming...GM/Ford have 1/2s coming, Fait will need to compete.

I Blame Serigo for the quagmire the VM 3.0 His spouting off rather then investigating has the Company facing Billions $ in loses and May land some FCA executives in Jail.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Ford's 1/2 ton Power Stroke is kind of familiar. A 3.0L 90degree V6 with advertised 250 HP and 440 ft/lbs of torque. Yeah 10 hp and 20 ft/lbs of torque than our ED, from a very familiar package. Paired to a 10 speed transmission. Can't find any fuel mileage figures yet, may not be trying hard enough.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year