• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Have large diesel leak

Nicholas Davis

Apr 22, 2018
Truck Year
Well let me start with the leak is on a jeep gc. But I have had it to 2 shops and in 3 time to find out what is going on with this leak.. every time they say yes there is a leak but we can't find it?.. I was under the jeep today and the was so much diesel everywhere I could not find it. Was seeing if any of you ram guys ran into this.. there are not codes but it seems to not have the power it once had and if you get on it you smell the diesel.have opened the hood and seen steam from back side of engine on drivers side... if the a high pressure release value there maybe.. any help would be great.. also are the truck fuel lines have so many brakes in them.. frome filter to rail I see 3 piece set up on both return and feed lines.. thanks again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Could have a cracked fuel rail or bad cross over line. One way to help find a leak like that is clean everything throughly then cover the rails and line with clean white rags. Drive it a little bit then inspect the rags. Just be mindful to not leave the rags there long as it is a fire hazard.

Nicholas Davis

Apr 22, 2018
Truck Year
Could have a cracked fuel rail or bad cross over line. One way to help find a leak like that is clean everything throughly then cover the rails and line with clean white rags. Drive it a little bit then inspect the rags. Just be mindful to not leave the rags there long as it is a fire hazard.
I got looking today a little more.. and I'm not sure it's not where the lines meet up.. the return had diesel and dust caked on it.. I cleaned it all up and now smell more then ever.. clean off the dirt and more comes out do to not block?.. but not sure still and the wife had to leave for work.. I do know it's getting really bad and fell like the dealer is just putting it off till the power train warranty is done.. I'll try to look at it when she gets off.. I'll let you know..

Nicholas Davis

Apr 22, 2018
Truck Year
They just found that fuel leak.. total of 5 times in for it.. it did end up being a fuel rail cracked bottom side of the rail.. its covered under the warranty so should have it back saturday...

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Had a leak one time, had just drained the water separator and pinched the o-ring closing the drain. Got to my destination 6 hours away and there was a nice coat of diesel across everything behind me (Boat included). Sometimes it can be something stupid!

Glad the Shop found your problem eventually

Nicholas Davis

Apr 22, 2018
Truck Year
They showed me the fuel rail and it had a creak bottom side about 1 inch or so.. it's odd that it ran fine i was down to only 375 miles per fill up.. now i had 620 and still had 1/4 tank left.