• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dealer vs. Private Mechanic/Service

Jason Feller

Sep 14, 2018
Truck Year
New here, looking at purchasing a 2016 Eco diesel. Just want to get it right!

I notice a lot of people saying that they see the dealer for service; for my gas cars I haven't seen a dealer since I purchased the vehicle and use a private mechanic for my service.

Is there a reason everyone is using the dealer?
Does it effect the warranty?
Parts?

Thanks in advance.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
New here, looking at purchasing a 2016 Eco diesel. Just want to get it right!

I notice a lot of people saying that they see the dealer for service; for my gas cars I haven't seen a dealer since I purchased the vehicle and use a private mechanic for my service.

Is there a reason everyone is using the dealer?
Does it effect the warranty?
Parts?

Thanks in advance.

You don't have to. Follow the specifications that the manual tells you, and then keep receipts of the things you buy for proof. Most here do this as the dealer is so much more expensive rather than do it yourself.

Marauderer

Oct 6, 2018
Truck Year
What BoostN said!!

So , using your own private Technician is fine, as BoostN said keep your receipts.

Marauderer

Oct 6, 2018
Truck Year
I don't want to be to negative but, and I am sure there are some great FCA Dealerships, if I had to strictly rely on the FCA dealer network for my service I would not own one of their products