• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Factory Extended Warranty Max Care

MrKelly

Aug 28, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
First off for piece of mind I feel that getting the factory extended warranty max care is not an option, but a need for piece of mind as I have had many problems with this truck. I have never been in so many rental cars; yes I am rarely given a truck. Thank you to anyone who bothers assisting.
I am searching for the best cost on a Factory Extended Warranty Max Care. I have a 2016 Diesel 1500 EcoDiesel 4X4 with 35,942 miles. So far I have been given a quote.

I want 8 years and 125,000 miles with zero deductible.

So far I have been quoted 7 years and 100,000 miles from chryslerfactoryplans.com for $2885.00 and that seems high to me.

Thanks,
Kelly

MrKelly

Aug 28, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Ok, so far the best I have received is from Chryslerfactoryplans.com for 8 years / 125,000 mile warranty with included discount of $365.00 is $3235.00 and that is zero deductible.
From Zeigler Auto Group. There are other options for 100.00 and 200.00 deductible plans, however I have had my truck into the dealer more than I care to acknowledge.

mas1500

Aug 13, 2018
Truck Year
With all those quotes, how would you know if you are getting 'authentic' Factory Extended Warranty Max Care vs. 3rd party or a service contract? I was told the other day by mopar.com, the scare put into me is that other plans dont offer the same coverage. They claimed to be the only FCA factory warranty extension. Seems hard to believe. MAXcare plans could differ. Their over the phone quote: $4600 +tax for 7yr/125K, and thats just not doable.
Its a great investment (I think) between the EGR soot issues, the air suspension, and a ton of electronics that could fry. Im toying with the $100 deductible MAXcare plans, since I havent that many painful dealer return trips.
BTW, if you havent pulled the trigger already, theres a vendor on the forum www.ram1500diesel.com that offers a $100 discount.
"Chrysler extended warranty Good morning! I am a new vendor and would like to introduce myself. I sell official factory-backed Chrysler extended warranties at deeply discounted online only pricing. We are an authorized Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM dealer and are authorized by FCA US LLC (Chrysler Group) to sell genuine MOPAR protection plans directly to you at exclusive internet only pricing. The extended warranty plans we offer are officially backed by MOPAR and are honored at all Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, Jeep and Fiat dealerships nationwide.
I would like to extend an additional $100. discount to anyone that purchases an extended warranty and mentions that they found me on this site.
You can contact me at 888.352.6103 or Chryslerwarrantydirect.com
Thank you, Rodney Melton"

mas1500

Aug 13, 2018
Truck Year
With all those quotes, how would you know if you are getting 'authentic' Factory Extended Warranty Max Care vs. 3rd party or a service contract? I was told the other day by mopar.com, the scare put into me is that other plans dont offer the same coverage. They claimed to be the only FCA factory warranty extension. Seems hard to believe. MAXcare plans could differ. Their over the phone quote: $4600 +tax for 7yr/125K, and thats just not doable.
Its a great investment (I think) between the EGR soot issues, the air suspension, and a ton of electronics that could fry. Im toying with the $100 deductible MAXcare plans, since I havent that many painful dealer return trips.
BTW, if you havent pulled the trigger already, theres a vendor on the forum www.ram1500diesel.com that offers a $100 discount.
"Chrysler extended warranty Good morning! I am a new vendor and would like to introduce myself. I sell official factory-backed Chrysler extended warranties at deeply discounted online only pricing. We are an authorized Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM dealer and are authorized by FCA US LLC (Chrysler Group) to sell genuine MOPAR protection plans directly to you at exclusive internet only pricing. The extended warranty plans we offer are officially backed by MOPAR and are honored at all Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, Jeep and Fiat dealerships nationwide.
I would like to extend an additional $100. discount to anyone that purchases an extended warranty and mentions that they found me on this site.
You can contact me at 888.352.6103 or Chryslerwarrantydirect.com
Thank you, Rodney Melton"
Sorry, that mopar.com quote was $3400+$262 tax, basically $3700 for $100deductible, 7yr/125K MaximumCare

SignGuy

Sep 26, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Interesting. I was given the different years/mileage extended warranties and then asked about the "Lifetime" warrant that's bumper to bumper. The guy at Autonation said he wasn't supposed to talk about it as it is an actual "Mopar" warranty from the factory or summat. Anyway, it was about $4k with tax, etc and a $200 deductible for the one I purchased. I figure I'm going to keep this till I die so they can foot the bill on parts & labor till then. The first warranties the guy was pushing was from a different vendor.

mas1500

Aug 13, 2018
Truck Year
Interesting. I was given the different years/mileage extended warranties and then asked about the "Lifetime" warrant that's bumper to bumper. The guy at Autonation said he wasn't supposed to talk about it as it is an actual "Mopar" warranty from the factory or summat. Anyway, it was about $4k with tax, etc and a $200 deductible for the one I purchased. I figure I'm going to keep this till I die so they can foot the bill on parts & labor till then. The first warranties the guy was pushing was from a different vendor.

Per my previous post, I recently bought it from Rodney Melton 1-888-977-8442. Great guy to speak to, no pressure, no rush, he actually recommended i call him back in about 2-weeks since he might be able to dig up another incentive, and his original quote dropped by $200. Not too shabby...$2485 straight/ no tax for an 8-year/125K/$100 deductible FCA MAXcare plan.
The paperwork does say "this is a service contract between you and us" - whatever that means vs. warranty. I do 'feel' this is what you would get if buying any MOPAR Vehicle Protection plan,ie, MAXcare plan or Auto Appearance Care plan at original purchase, rolled into your monthly payments. Rodney immediately sent me an electronic copy of plan info and coverage started same day. The paperwork i got in the mail has MOPAR logo on every sheet; and is about as official looking (no indication of any 3rd party) as it can get. The ID card is flimsy heavyweight bond, but lamination can handle that.

SignGuy

Sep 26, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Mass1500 I might be giving Rodney a jingle this week as I got my warranty card in the mail and it said it was an 8 yr 125k with $100 deductible. I talked to the guy at the stealer and said what the heck is going on? I paid for a lifetime warranty and I got this in the mail. He said that they don't offer lifetime for the diesel and "the software" switched it to 8 yr 125K when he put the info in. Well I remember him pushing that hard and the price was a LOT lower than what I paid so I'm calling Mopar when I get home from work and find out. Yes or no on the Lifetime warranty. If no I'll cancel and save myself about $1500 of getting the 8yr through Rodney.

Did you get your warranty card in the mail yet? Is it Mopar or some 3rd party?

I'm tired of the run around with the stealer especially this finance guy doing the bait/switch routine.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I double recommend Rodney. He's a straight shooter with the best pricing and only sells Chrysler Mopar Warranties.

mas1500

Aug 13, 2018
Truck Year
Hey SignGuy, so sorry for the late response, I just read your reply... gotta love the marketing spin world of false advertising...LOL, the ATF in the 8speed ZF tranny is also supposed to be "lifetime" yet the manufacturer says change (see link) between 80K-120K KM, or 50K-75K miles.
I did get my membership card, and it is pretty authentic looking...hopefully by now you got yours too. I posted a pic on ram1500diesel.com forum, thought i followed up in here too.

https://www.zf.com/global/media/med...eifend_1/ZF_SI_Oelwechselkit_8HP_50130_EN.pdfMAXcare.jpg

SignGuy

Sep 26, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hey SignGuy, so sorry for the late response, I just read your reply... gotta love the marketing spin world of false advertising...LOL, the ATF in the 8speed ZF tranny is also supposed to be "lifetime" yet the manufacturer says change (see link) between 80K-120K KM, or 50K-75K miles.
I did get my membership card, and it is pretty authentic looking...hopefully by now you got yours too. I posted a pic on ram1500diesel.com forum, thought i followed up in here too.
Thanks for your help. That paperwork & card is what I have received but am contacting Rodney to see about cancelling my current warranty and going with him to save some $$$. I called Mopar yesterday and talked to some brain dead lady about cancelling and had to get off the phone before I shot myself. She said to cancel you need to have the stealer cancel the policy or write to us and we need an odometer check. I asked how? Can I send a photo of the odometer or what? Then she repeats again and just doesn't get "How do you get a odometer check?" After about 5 min of going in circles I just had to move on with life. Hopefully Rodney can help me.

mas1500

Aug 13, 2018
Truck Year
Too funny... I wondered about the mileage myself. I just told Rodney it over the phone, and there was no verification not even a picture required. I know from originally calling MOPAR/FCA, it required a separate inspection after 48K. I wonder how much vehicle info the Uconnect transmits, even if you dont pay for the ridiculous subscription $.

SignGuy

Sep 26, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I talked to Rodney yesterday, he now works at Jeepfactorywarranty.com Very nice guy and is helping me cancel my current warranty from the stealer so I can replace it with one of his saving me over $1500 (which will help pay for my canopy).

Happy_Camper_2018

Jan 2, 2020
Truck Year
After reading & viewing a few horror stories on blogs & YouTube about the EcoDiesel (mostly valve issues which can blow the motor & Emission Control Problems) , I decided to buy an extended warranty, which I have never done. I had put under 8,000 miles on my vehicle, as it had been days short of 12 months since I purchased it. I found this forum after getting an extended warranty quote from the dealer from which I purchased my EcoDiesel after the first dealer service on the "Lube, Oil, Oil Filter Package" I purchased with the truck when new. I decided to purchase the 8 years/85,000 miles Maximum Care with a $200 Deductible as shown at:

https://www.jeepfactorywarranty.com/choose-plan-2/?class=G&term_mileage=1&state=California&engine_diesel=Diesel&car_type=1500 Pickup#finance_top

That would give me 7 years and approximately 77,000+ miles or 11,000 additional miles per year of warranty, which gives me an additional 10,000 mile cushion in case I start driving more. I called & mentioned "Rodney Melton", as so many have mentioned on this forum. Mr. Melton was on vacation, so I ended up talking to "Dianne Roach". Her direct phone # is: (517) 306-7043. She offered me $150 OFF the website price, no questions asked, for mentioning Mr. Melton and their website! All Dianne needed was my name & VIN #. I then gave her my details to purchase. I ended up paying $1,555 total with no tax. This was approximately $1,500 less than what the dealer where I serviced my truck quoted me!

Once the card was charged, I received an email titled "Mopar Extended Warranty", which stated "Attached are copies of your activated warranty, and a copy of your credit card receipt for $1555.00. You will receive your regular copies via regular mail. You'll receive your plan provisions via regular mail from our corporate office in about 3 weeks."

I then logged into my Mopar Dashboard at: www.mopar.com. It now shows under "Mopar Vehicle Protection", "Description", "NEW MAXIMUM CARE (MINI", "Expires On", "2027-01-11", "Deductible Per Repair", $200.00", "Rental Car Allowance", "$0.00 per day for a maximum of ..." with a PDF "Download Plan Provision". I clicked it states "Mopar" "Vehicle Protection", a "A product of FCA US LLC" with all the details of your specific vehicle and the plan you purchased. The document is similar to the ones others have shown on this forum.
www.jeepfactorywarranty.com appears to be legitimate. I thank those that have posted on this website & Dianne for saving me a fortune. I have no other association with this company/forum and am not being paid for this testimonial/review.

One more thing... It is my understanding that this plan is transferable or can be canceled. If you sell the vehicle, and the new owner doesn't want the extended warranty, they refund you the prorated difference. Additionally, it can be upgraded to 100,000 or 125,000 miles at any time before it expires. All you have to do is pay the difference in price at the time of the upgrade.

Last edited:

Greenie

Aug 22, 2020
Truck Year
After reading & viewing a few horror stories on blogs & YouTube about the EcoDiesel (mostly valve issues which can blow the motor & Emission Control Problems) , I decided to buy an extended warranty, which I have never done. I had put under 8,000 miles on my vehicle, as it had been days short of 12 months since I purchased it. I found this forum after getting an extended warranty quote from the dealer from which I purchased my EcoDiesel after the first dealer service on the "Lube, Oil, Oil Filter Package" I purchased with the truck when new. I decided to purchase the 8 years/85,000 miles Maximum Care with a $200 Deductible as shown at:

https://www.jeepfactorywarranty.com/choose-plan-2/?class=G&term_mileage=1&state=California&engine_diesel=Diesel&car_type=1500 Pickup#finance_top

That would give me 7 years and approximately 77,000+ miles or 11,000 additional miles per year of warranty, which gives me an additional 10,000 mile cushion in case I start driving more. I called & mentioned "Rodney Melton", as so many have mentioned on this forum. Mr. Melton was on vacation, so I ended up talking to "Dianne Roach". Her direct phone # is: (517) 306-7043. She offered me $150 OFF the website price, no questions asked, for mentioning Mr. Melton and their website! All Dianne needed was my name & VIN #. I then gave her my details to purchase. I ended up paying $1,555 total with no tax. This was approximately $1,500 less than what the dealer where I serviced my truck quoted me!

Once the card was charged, I received an email titled "Mopar Extended Warranty", which stated "Attached are copies of your activated warranty, and a copy of your credit card receipt for $1555.00. You will receive your regular copies via regular mail. You'll receive your plan provisions via regular mail from our corporate office in about 3 weeks."

I then logged into my Mopar Dashboard at: www.mopar.com. It now shows under "Mopar Vehicle Protection", "Description", "NEW MAXIMUM CARE (MINI", "Expires On", "2027-01-11", "Deductible Per Repair", $200.00", "Rental Car Allowance", "$0.00 per day for a maximum of ..." with a PDF "Download Plan Provision". I clicked it states "Mopar" "Vehicle Protection", a "A product of FCA US LLC" with all the details of your specific vehicle and the plan you purchased. The document is similar to the ones others have shown on this forum.
www.jeepfactorywarranty.com appears to be legitimate. I thank those that have posted on this website & Dianne for saving me a fortune. I have no other association with this company/forum and am not being paid for this testimonial/review.

One more thing... It is my understanding that this plan is transferable or can be canceled. If you sell the vehicle, and the new owner doesn't want the extended warranty, they refund you the prorated difference. Additionally, it can be upgraded to 100,000 or 125,000 miles at any time before it expires. All you have to do is pay the difference in price at the time of the upgrade.
Good info Happy Camper. I am in contact with Dianne Roche. Looking to buy a extended warranty. The question I need an answer to is has anybody actually had to use the warranty purchased from her/Rodney Melton and did it work.

mitch_houston

Aug 23, 2020
Truck Year
Good info Happy Camper. I am in contact with Dianne Roche. Looking to buy a extended warranty. The question I need an answer to is has anybody actually had to use the warranty purchased from her/Rodney Melton and did it work.
I have the same question... of course RAM never offered extended warranties on 2014 ED's unfortunately

Ehogg

Sep 3, 2020
Truck Year
So I take it that everyone on this post is running stock and planning to stay that way. I have had very good experience with aftermarket warrranties. I am new to the RAM family, picked up my whip on Wednesday, it is just out of warranty at 2015/56,000 miles. If one does a GDE tune or a delete, the warranty becomes void? Yes?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
So I take it that everyone on this post is running stock and planning to stay that way. I have had very good experience with aftermarket warrranties. I am new to the RAM family, picked up my whip on Wednesday, it is just out of warranty at 2015/56,000 miles. If one does a GDE tune or a delete, the warranty becomes void? Yes?
I'm not running stock and not planning to. :giggle:

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
If one does a GDE tune or a delete, the warranty becomes void? Yes?

You don't have to tell anyone!:censored: