• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gurgle in the dash?

SignGuy

Sep 26, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
We took the truck on a little road trip last weekend and when we'd stop and were fiddling around before we got out the truck would start making gurgling noises coming from the middle under dash - like behind the radio. It seemed kinda random. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm thinking it's the Heating/AC system doing it's thing.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
We took the truck on a little road trip last weekend and when we'd stop and were fiddling around before we got out the truck would start making gurgling noises coming from the middle under dash - like behind the radio. It seemed kinda random. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm thinking it's the Heating/AC system doing it's thing.
My best guess as well, but I haven't heard it honestly.

Georgek

Oct 3, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I’m having the same issue. Sounds like a bunch of creaking and popping.
I have a new 2018 and when i park and listen to the radio it sounds like the ac doors are opening or closing up under the dash. They sound tight as they move.

Dino Bazdar

Oct 23, 2018
Truck Year
I have a new 2018 and when i park and listen to the radio it sounds like the ac doors are opening or closing up under the dash. They sound tight as they move.
Yup. That’s the same thing that I hear. Wonder if it’s like that on all trucks or if we’re just lucky like that.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I have 70k on my ‘15 now and have heard this since new. Just assumed it’s normal and part of the AC system OR maybe the grill shutters in front closing after engine is turned off. Who knows, but I don’t believe it’s an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dino Bazdar

Oct 23, 2018
Truck Year
I’ve been so busy with work i haven’t had time to take my truck in and I had to cancel my appointment at the dealership last Monday. The “gurgle” is still there, and it sounds like overtime the damper door mechanism might break. Still want it fixed or looked at if possible and I don’t think this is normal.

JharpJ

Aug 15, 2015
Truck Year
47,000 miles and has done it since new. I too would like to know what's up??