• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ready For Anything

CanyonMan

Nov 13, 2018
Truck Year
Bought my EcoD about 3 weeks ago and am loving it. Averaging 21 mpg city and nearly 30 mpg highway. Finally finished making the truck mine yesterday. Have added step bars, seat covers, tonneau cover and finally, Air-Lift 1000# bags yesterday. The bags only took about 1.5 hours to install by myself.
Went by a Jiffy Lube to get some air in the bags and while there I asked how much they would charge to do an oil change if I brought my own supplies. I was shocked! They quoted me $180 with my supplies and $189 with them supplying everything. Since I can get 2.5 gallons of Rotella T-6 5w-40 for less than $50 at Tractor Supply Co. I will either find a less expensive shop or do the changes myself.
Going to hook up the 6000# travel trailer next week and go for a short trip to check everything out. Hope it goes as well as I think it will.
CanyonMan

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Congrats on your new truck.

You should consider changing oil and filter yourself. The Eco is probably the easiest engine I've ever worked on to change oil & filter. That way you know it's done right and yo save a bundle. If you so decide, be informed. For example, it needs to drain for 20-30 minutes.

Regards the1000 airbags. Remember ti inflate them before you put a load on them otherwise, they are ineffective.

Good luck with "making it yours", that's the fun of it all.

CanyonMan

Nov 13, 2018
Truck Year
Congrats on your new truck.

You should consider changing oil and filter yourself. The Eco is probably the easiest engine I've ever worked on to change oil & filter. That way you know it's done right and yo save a bundle. If you so decide, be informed. For example, it needs to drain for 20-30 minutes.

Regards the1000 airbags. Remember ti inflate them before you put a load on them otherwise, they are ineffective.

Good luck with "making it yours", that's the fun of it all.
I am seriousy considering DIY oil changes for the exsct reason you state. A Fumoto valve and a drain pain and I'm good to go. Air bags will probanly never have less than 15 psi in them. Th as nks for the tips.
CanyonMan

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Yes, a Fumato valve makes it even easier - get one with the tubing nipple. I drain into an old 6 gal outboard motor plastic gas tank. Works perfectly as they are flat, have a wide opening and a good screw on cap. Bought two of them for5 bucks at a garage sale.

Right now Rotella T-6 is on sale at many places and Shell is giving a 7.00 per Gal rebate thru the end of the year. Here's the link:
https://rotella.shell.com/en_us/cou...-economy.html#iframe=L2RpeS9uYXRpb25hbDE4Lw==

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Good info here.. and yep it's easy to change the oil. At least you know it's done right, and it saves you some money! The dealer (and even quick lubes) love to take advantage of customers because it's a "diesel".