• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GDE Problems??

gbl

Dec 10, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I'm interested in getting the GDE.

Any engine failures why using it? Has anyone had any problems with it? Have there been any actual cases of losing warranties because of using it? Have there been any cases of detection by the dealership or anyone else?

Enquiring minds want to know....

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I don't think the GDE tune will prevent any engine failures. It wouldn't stop oil in the coolant or any bearing failures that I can see.
Don't know if anyone has been denied any warranty issues.
I doubt wether it is detectable but it could be flashed over on accident.

Clinton

Dec 13, 2018
Truck Year
I have the GDE hot tune. It was a lot cheaper than replacing the leaky EGR cooler. This approach also required the physical delete, I used the Sasquatch kit .All works fine, GDE is very helpful .If you install the delete, very small hands would be helpful! Dealerships would notice the physical delete, but not the GDE tune. The Eco longevity is a bit in question yet, not sure the GDE tune buys you a lot if bearings fail at 140k. Mine is still running at 101k.

CaptainMal

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year
Change your question to ask if any failures have been "caused" by GDE. Now a definitive answer, "NO" can be given. There were a very few failures after owners had installed their GDE. Very few. No control module designed to make you motor run leaner and easier will make up for earlier wear, mis-use, bad maintenance and manufacturer design/build failures.

I'm betting a whole lot more are running today BECAUSE the owners bought into the benefits of GDE.

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
Last line ..what the Captn said....roger this big time.

CaptainMal

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year
Just noticed that an Ecodisel owner just went over 1/2 a million miles. He uses GDE.

Only thing is it's his second motor. First one went just under 400K but developed head issues and was replaced.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I'm guessing the Captain is referring to Verndiesel. Amazing that most all his 500,000+ miles are towing trailers as he delivers trailers for dealers.