• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EVIC Messages

Skylar

Nov 13, 2018
Truck Year
Anyone ever let anything small like ABS lights just sit for a while, then have all kinds of unrelated (but scarry) EVIC messages pop up just to get you to take it in for a pricey repair?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Skylar

Nov 13, 2018
Truck Year
After taking it to a shop to have a forced regen I've been getting ABS light, P0183 (fuel heater circuit too hight), and P2269 (water in fuel).

The p0183 & P2269 have been intermittently self clearing and coming back, the ABs is on all the time.

Then today after my wife drove through a car wash (bad wire harness) a few min later she got an EVIC saying "service trains don't shift from drive".

Well she was already in Park and had to put it in reverse before coming home.

When she got home I went out to read codes with my Edge but it couldn't connect like normal.

Took it to Orileys to have it read hoping the ECM hadn't locked them out as well.

No sounds, drives normal.

On the drive down all within a min I got EVIC "service shifter" and "service air suspension" and "water in fuel"

All of these are separate systems. Never had a barrage like this. I think it's something simple that the ECM is trying to scare me into a dealer service.

John

Nov 13, 2015
First off I would drain any water from the fuel filter (just in case). Second, I would check all wiring harness connectors under the truck. Keep us posted.

Skylar

Nov 13, 2018
Truck Year
First off I would drain any water from the fuel filter (just in case). Second, I would check all wiring harness connectors under the truck. Keep us posted.
Drained and replaced FF after 2 weeks of water in fuel EVICS. Fuel and filters looked clean. Still getting same EVICS but they didnt show when Orileys pulled codes today. ABS didnt show either.

Just inspected the whole undercarriage. Nothing out of the norm all harnesses and connectors look fine. All ABS wires look good too.

Forgot to mention the codes I DID get from Orileys, none of which ives hotel before and non mach the EVIC Codes- P245B (EGR cooler bypass control circuit) U0140 (lost communication with body control unit) I think is the air lift suspension.

I cleaned the EGR pipe 1500 miles ago, but this says cooler circuit (electrical), and the air suspension is working just fine as well.

Skylar

Nov 13, 2018
Truck Year
I think I found the culprit for the EVIC messages. This is the HDMI for my Edge Insight CST2. My theory is the ECM was thought them as it was to connect to the OBDII.

If this is the case that'd also be why those EVICS didnt show up as CEL codes.

Took it for a short drive last night without the CST2 plugged in, and no EVIC codes. Ives only had the CST2 for about 5 weeks, hoping I can get a free cord as replacement.
4b895ae8ca084a7114fce50fce54a7fb.jpg

Skylar

Nov 13, 2018
Truck Year
The CST2 wouldn't shut down for some reason after turning the truck off, and went to unplug it.