• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel Check engine light P20ee-00

Capri2200

Feb 25, 2015
Truck Year
No. Not at all. The dealer has been very goo d aboit it actually. The truck is scheduled yo get her new scr next Thursday.
Update: Sorry I'm late on the update,but the new SCR was installed. Truck seems to be running fine. ECU was also reprogrammed. Truck is doing a little better on mpg, however there is a noticeable lag when starting from a stop.

Capri2200

Feb 25, 2015
Truck Year
Update: Sorry I'm late on the update,but the new SCR was installed. Truck seems to be running fine. ECU was also reprogrammed. Truck is doing a little better on mpg, however there is a noticeable lag when starting from a stop.
One other thing...I asked the service why the old SCR failed and if the new one will fix the problem, the answer was "I don't know". This leaves me thinking that it may happen again. I was hoping for a more definitive answer either way.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year

Glad to hear one problem was solved.

I bet when they flashed the computer the transmission "learning function" was reset. It needs to relearn your driving style. It may go away after 1200 miles or so. This was my experience. Although some have complained about this lag long after the learning period had ended.

I know one thing for sure. These trucks are to expensive to let it go. I'd keep going to the dealer until I was happy.

Capri2200

Feb 25, 2015
Truck Year
Interesting. I did not realize that. I' definitely keep an eye on it. I here and feel just about everything when I drive my vehicles. This truck has my undivided attention. Thanks.

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
Ok so I'm back again I originally started this thread asking if anyone had experience with a p20ee-00 code. Today I had the check engine light come back on good news ( if you can call it that) was it wasn't a p20ee-00 code it was a p0420 which is a bad cat. Now I only have 31000 on the truck so it's still under warranty but man I'm sick of this I just had to get the 3rd brake light replaced for the second time after a hard rain looked like a lake in the back seat. So I'm off to the dealer tomorrow again I hope they've gotten a tech trained and certified on this truck since the last code. Seems like every 10000 miles something happens on this truck. You no it's bad when you ask them to printout the history on truck and they have to get more paper

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Ok so I'm back again I originally started this thread asking if anyone had experience with a p20ee-00 code. Today I had the check engine light come back on good news ( if you can call it that) was it wasn't a p20ee-00 code it was a p0420 which is a bad cat. Now I only have 31000 on the truck so it's still under warranty but man I'm sick of this I just had to get the 3rd brake light replaced for the second time after a hard rain looked like a lake in the back seat. So I'm off to the dealer tomorrow again I hope they've gotten a tech trained and certified on this truck since the last code. Seems like every 10000 miles something happens on this truck. You no it's bad when you ask them to printout the history on truck and they have to get more paper

Wow. Sorry about your luck! At this point maybe you should be calling customer care and see what they have to say. At least get things documented.

Let us know what the dealer says (Again :( )

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
One thing to remember depending on your state mine being california...there is a mandatory 7-8 year warranty on all emission related parts for tier 4 diesel engines like these. Everything SCR and DPF related is covered for 7 years 100,000 miles and including turbo. The SCR tank and injection is covered for 8 years. This may be something you want to look into on your truck....I'm not normally one to worry about something but I did also buy an extended warranty with this truck 7yr 100k mile bumper to bumper....just in case I work for a Case tractor dealership who are both owned by fiat hence same SCR technology on their equipment the tractors had a few issues from the start in 2011 mostly Nox sensors but I will say the best thing for these engine systems to do is RUN and not be baby'd around. Try and get Temps up and keep them up. The Def crystallizes in the catalyst chamber when there is not enough temp to atomize it cleanly.

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
One thing to remember depending on your state mine being california...there is a mandatory 7-8 year warranty on all emission related parts for tier 4 diesel engines like these. Everything SCR and DPF related is covered for 7 years 100,000 miles and including turbo. The SCR tank and injection is covered for 8 years. This may be something you want to look into on your truck....I'm not normally one to worry about something but I did also buy an extended warranty with this truck 7yr 100k mile bumper to bumper....just in case I work for a Case tractor dealership who are both owned by fiat hence same SCR technology on their equipment the tractors had a few issues from the start in 2011 mostly Nox sensors but I will say the best thing for these engine systems to do is RUN and not be baby'd around. Try and get Temps up and keep them up. The Def crystallizes in the catalyst chamber when there is not enough temp to atomize it cleanly.

At what temps should it run? My small ob2 scanner will show the cat temp but where is the normal temp and at what temp will it hit regen? I did watch the scanner this morning and it stayed around 500-700 then later hit 1000+ I thought this might be the magic temp so I continued driving on the highway till it went back down to the 600-700 range. I'm at he dealership now waiting for the closest certified tech to look at it. When I bought the truck a year ago this month they had one he quit and a year later they still have no one fully certified. So if they have to do anything other than an update I'll have to go back to the dealership I took it to for the p20 code back in March. So it looks like here we go again

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
On these trucks I don't really know the magic temp on our lower horsepower tractors we had issues with crystallizing when the Temps dipped below 550 degrees and they had to be run at a high enough load to flow the exhaust fast enough to clear it out...

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
On these trucks I don't really know the magic temp on our lower horsepower tractors we had issues with crystallizing when the Temps dipped below 550 degrees and they had to be run at a high enough load to flow the exhaust fast enough to clear it out...

I'm so glad all my other diesels are hippie juice free and one day I hope to send this one to re-hab and break its addiction

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
Well they had a flash for the p0420 code so they flashed it and set me free I asked if I was wasting my time if it happened again by coming back to this particular dealer she honestly said yes ,you'd figured after a year they would have a properly trained tech for that truck so I'm praying the flash works it's just a hassle to drive 2 hours to the other dealer I can't blame the dealer or the service department for the problems the truck has had that's on dodge but I sure as heck can fault them for not having anyone qualified to work on it

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
Well I'm back at the dealership with the p0420 code they are in the back as I type scratching their heads. Just by chance Chrysler called me back about the case I opened on the truck on July 25 an hour ago real great follow up. I've also talked to he service manager and general manager to see what we can do about getting all the bugs out of this truck and restoring my faith in a 1 year old truck with only 32000 miles. I'd hate to have to pull it in with my 2003 dodge 3500 with 250,000 miles.