• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 EcoDiesel - P026C Code

Godzuki

Mar 20, 2019
Truck Year
I just purchased an EcoDiesel. The night I bought it, the check engine light came on and I eventually learned that the code meant the fuel injection quantity was lower than expected. Now I'm paranoid about my purchase.

I've read several posts on this forum and know that I'll purchase the GDE mod. My question is what can I do to help remove the deposits in the engine already? Is there a safe engine flush product that can be used? The injectors are supposed to be replaced by the dealership. What else should be I ask them to do?

There is also a 30-day buy back period that I'm considering exercising. Seems to be too many issues with these EcoDiesels.

I really like the truck, just don't want to be holding my breath all the time wondering when the next $1000+ repair will be. Thoughts on everything necessary to get this truck running well?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
get the injectors if they r in warranty and drive it till they pay out the money then gde it if after the injectors it does not run right then give it back

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I run the Lucas injector cleaner a couple times a year. I could not tell you if it does any good or not. My truck has 75k miles and has never had any kind of problem. GDE since 5k miles.

Godzuki

Mar 20, 2019
Truck Year
I think you can remove and clean your intake.
Yeah, I saw a video by moparecodiesel on YouTube where he cleaned his manually. Honestly, I don't have skill to remove the intake manifold, and I don't have the patience to scrub it clean. :cool:

growleycrowley

Aug 8, 2019
Truck Year
I just had this same code come up, dealer replaced the boost solenoid after running some other software to figure out the problem, clogged with soot, under the extended recall warranty, runs like brand new

Bison Slayer

May 10, 2019
Truck Year
I just purchased an EcoDiesel. The night I bought it, the check engine light came on and I eventually learned that the code meant the fuel injection quantity was lower than expected. Now I'm paranoid about my purchase.

I've read several posts on this forum and know that I'll purchase the GDE mod. My question is what can I do to help remove the deposits in the engine already? Is there a safe engine flush product that can be used? The injectors are supposed to be replaced by the dealership. What else should be I ask them to do?

There is also a 30-day buy back period that I'm considering exercising. Seems to be too many issues with these EcoDiesels.

I really like the truck, just don't want to be holding my breath all the time wondering when the next $1000+ repair will be. Thoughts on everything necessary to get this truck running well?
I got the same code as well and turns out the injector pump was eating it self. It ended up sending shavings all through the fuel system. Everything from the lift pump to injectors had to be replaced. Have it inspected ASAP! My truck has been in the shop for over a month now and they are still chasing ghost on the system.

growleycrowley

Aug 8, 2019
Truck Year
There was a glich with additional software they had to run, after conferring the factory he had problem solved.

growleycrowley

Aug 8, 2019
Truck Year
well that didn't last long, 150 miles down the road on my way out of town CEL came on again, drove another 300 no issues, 25 mpg at 80 mph, took it to the dealer, P026 code, they are going to fun with this again