• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Bulletproofing

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
If he goes with SFT he doesn't need a second ECM for dealer trips. As I understand the handheld SFT tuner, if going to the dealer you merely turn back to the stock FCA tune and when the dealer is done you return it to the SFT tune. Ditto for SFT's TCM tune
even better!

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
The only stuff I have found is marketing material from the manufacture, nothing from an end user. I think in my case I will just live with the truck in stock condition, it only gets driven 7-8000 miles a year, when it does it's highway miles, I have a oil catch can that keeps the oil out of the intake, that oil mixing with the exhaust just bakes and makes the hard crud inside, it runs just super no issues so the mods are for others

littletexas

May 28, 2019
Truck Year
what is HER? I would go with the Sofa King tune and yes, get the 2nd ECM. That way you have one for future dealer trips.
Hello cs in Alabama,
How would you get by replacing the GDE module with the spare module for warranty work if you have a blown engine or engine won't start? Mileage won't update. That might be a problem. Yes it would work for all warranty work as long as the engine would start.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
The swapped in ECM updates with key on but engine not running. Let it sit for a while and all the data synchs up pretty quickly. Then call the tow truck.

How bad is it when a routine customer consideration is preparedness for engine failure?

littletexas

May 28, 2019
Truck Year
The swapped in ECM updates with key on but engine not running. Let it sit for a while and all the data synchs up pretty quickly. Then call the tow truck.

How bad is it when a routine customer consideration is preparedness for engine failure?
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that. Good news.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
All Ram warranties transfer except for the 5 year / lifetime warranty. All stated years / miles warranties transfer without having to do transfer paperwork. Here for example is their statement on their 5 yr / 100k mile warranty:

What is different from your Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty to the new 5 Year / 100,000 Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty?The lifetime warranty was not transferable and towing was not available. In order to maintain the lifetime coverage every 5 years a powertrain inspection must be performed by a dealer. The new 5 Year / 100,000 Mile powertrain warranty balance transfers with the vehicle, includes towing and no powertrain inspections are required to continue coverage.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I don't know if SFT sells ECMs but I do know with SFT tunes you don't need a second ECM. With SFT tunes you merely flash it back to stock b/4 your dealer visit and reinstall the tune afterwards.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have a 2016 that I’ve had for about 2 1/2 years with around 40+k miles on it. I’ve never had a single issue with the truck not even a thrown code. It seems like with these trucks you either got a solid engine or a giant pos. I love my truck and have done lots of upgrades to it minus the engine. I’m wanting to know what y’all think should be done to help with the making the engine last. Should I do a DPF and EGR delete or keep it stock and hold onto warranty? Is there other things y’all would recommend changing to help the engines life span?
scallywag23 one post and gone maybe he has been to busy working an his truck