• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Unhappy with Performance after Emissions Recall Update

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
U sound like someone that made a bad decision and afraid to admit it every one makes a mistake so y don't u own up to it

ms14796

Apr 28, 2019
Truck Year
What's upsetting is the idea that FCA can't seem to fix the current engine forcing customers to shell out additional $$$ to have 3rd party engineers fix the problem. I don't want to have to shell out an additional $700 just to fix their mistake. Rather interesting that FCA has come out with a completely redesigned engine after 5 years of crap.
As soon as I can afford it...I'm going back to GM.

jody108

Mar 14, 2019
Truck Year
Same with me. After the recall, I push the fuel pedal, and nothing happens and I'm pulling out in front of a car going 50mph! And have you tried pulling a trailer and going up hill with the new update. I thought my truck was going to just stop with me flooring it. I called the dealer and they acted surprised like the update shouldn't effect performance at all.

Anyone have a recommendation for a tuning that is for trucks pulling trailers? Also, anyone have an idea of if the value of my truck is more if Dodge just installed a brand new engine under warranty and I got the bulletproofing from D&J Diesel in Salt Lake City along with the oil cooler and oil separator kit? It's a 2014 Lonestar with 75,000 miles on it and in excellent condition. I think I will just sell it.

stevei

Jun 10, 2019
Truck Year
YOU LUCKY SONS A GUNS WITH YOUR GDE tune, I live in SoCal and have to settle with Sofa King, well I guess that's how it goes. I never tried 0-60 with my pre update ECO diesel never was worried about it. I tried it out this morning 0-60 with new update is right at 10 sec. this was power braking it to 2000 rpm letting of the brake and flooring it at the same time. It still has a slight hesitation between letting off the brake and flooring it. I'll try again after Sofa King update hoping for a hot rod but would just settle for good performance! I'll let everyone know how it goes.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
What's upsetting is the idea that FCA can't seem to fix the current engine forcing customers to shell out additional $$$ to have 3rd party engineers fix the problem. I don't want to have to shell out an additional $700 just to fix their mistake. Rather interesting that FCA has come out with a completely redesigned engine after 5 years of crap.
Every automaker has to comply with EPA emissions requirements. Chevy is no exception.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
You may want to rethink that, chevy diesel 1/2 ton engine has been delayed from introduction for the second time because of developmental problems.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
You may want to rethink that, chevy diesel 1/2 ton engine has been delayed from introduction for the second time because of developmental problems.

EPA problems. The government isn't really quick on certifying diesel engines now.. thanks to FIAT and VW.

As far as the motor itself, no one knows how good it will be. For the customers sake, let's hope well... that will only push Ford / Ram to improve and keep improving their engines as well.

dcz-11

Jun 16, 2019
Truck Year
Good evening:

I just came across the forum and decided to join after reading some of the other submission in regards to the latest recall and emissions update. I took my 2015 Outdoorsmen in Monday for regular service work, a regular service & the Emissions recall. So Monday morning I drop the vehicle off at the dealership and all is good no CEL on, no previous code issues its baby driven so only 55K Km's / 34K miles( Sorry i'm Canadian), they do the service and then the recall and this is where shit goes sideways real quick. I get a call around 4:30 stating the service is done but the vehicle is now sending out error codes after the emissions update. They want to keep it over night so they can work on it in the morning, I said far enough and waited for a call Tuesday.
Tuesday I get a call, stating a new EGR valve is required , and they will install it that day so I agree without batting an eye, again 4:30 rolls around and now they are stating they are having multiple error codes and they can't diagnose whats wrong. The vehicle will start and begin to run but shuts down 10 minutes on a test drive. So they tow it back and ask to keep it overnight, this continues until yesterday morning, when finally the dealership informs me they don't know what is wrong and have contacted FCA engineering to help diagnose whats happening.

Anyone else out there having this issue??? I've already called and emailed the service manager and will be contacting FCA tomorrow morning but wondering if there's a better way to escalate this issue? Thanks in advance

14LonestarECD

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
Hi everyone. New to this forum. I have a 2014 Ecodiesel and have not done the AEM yet. Should I???? Or should I just forget about the 3k payout? I already started the claim process about a month ago and inquired at my local dealer about scheduling an appointment for the recall. Now I'm hesitant because I want to see other owners' opinions and performance results first. I'm having a hard time believing that there wasn't some sort of trade off somewhere to appease emissions, or else they would have sold it that way to begin with. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

MarzMiller

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
Hi everyone. New to this forum. I have a 2014 Ecodiesel and have not done the AEM yet. Should I???? Or should I just forget about the 3k payout? I already started the claim process about a month ago and inquired at my local dealer about scheduling an appointment for the recall. Now I'm hesitant because I want to see other owners' opinions and performance results first. I'm having a hard time believing that there wasn't some sort of trade off somewhere to appease emissions, or else they would have sold it that way to begin with. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
I had to create an account just so my first post could be on this thread. If I could go back, I wouldn't do the recall. I have a 2014 ED with a 3" leveling kit and 35" mt's. I was averaging about 22.5mpg before the update (bone stock), and now I get about 17.5mpg with all kinds of turbo lag. As soon as I get my settlement money, half of it is going back into the truck to get it back to normal... that is, if I can get the dealer to send in the paperwork like the claim requires.

14LonestarECD

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
I had to create an account just so my first post could be on this thread. If I could go back, I wouldn't do the recall. I have a 2014 ED with a 3" leveling kit and 35" mt's. I was averaging about 22.5mpg before the update (bone stock), and now I get about 17.5mpg with all kinds of turbo lag. As soon as I get my settlement money, half of it is going back into the truck to get it back to normal... that is, if I can get the dealer to send in the paperwork like the claim requires.
Thanks Marz for your reply. I think I may just pass on the settlement crap now. It would force me to buy a tune right away as I would not be able to stand the lack of power/turbo lag. If the payout came sooner and did not depend on the dealership paper work, I might reconsider. So i'll wait until FCA contacts me again.

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
It's sad to see all you guys having these problems. I opted out of any settlement, as some of ya may know. and I went with the stern law firm to work for a settlement, for me. I went to the dealer this week to have one of my prepaid oil changes done and a fresh fuel filter and air filter installed, before I left I made sure the service wrighter, had on my paper no updates; I had a copy of the work order in my pocket , I heard that when the dealer had your truck in their service area, hewould be automatically updated the truck. I was not updated, and the truck is running like brand new,47,000. I had them do an oil sample and sent it in. When I get the report back I will share it with T.C. and get his impute.

MarzMiller

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
It's sad to see all you guys having these problems. I opted out of any settlement, as some of ya may know. and I went with the stern law firm to work for a settlement, for me. I went to the dealer this week to have one of my prepaid oil changes done and a fresh fuel filter and air filter installed, before I left I made sure the service wrighter, had on my paper no updates; I had a copy of the work order in my pocket , I heard that when the dealer had your truck in their service area, hewould be automatically updated the truck. I was not updated, and the truck is running like brand new,47,000. I had them do an oil sample and sent it in. When I get the report back I will share it with T.C. and get his impute.
I have 112k miles on my 2014, and have had no problems. And technically my truck still runs and drives fine... it’s just not really an ECOdiesel anymore, but rather a SluggoDiesel.

14LonestarECD

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
I have 46k on mine. I bought the truck with about 30k miles on it and I am the second owner. About a year and a half ago I test drove a new 2018 ecodiesel and thought that it was a little sluggish or down on power especially from a stand still. So I was actually surprised by the performance of my 2014 when I bought it. Well now I understand why.

stevei

Jun 10, 2019
Truck Year
I did the emission update, very disappointed, lost fuel mileage, lost acceleration, a whole new truck, that the way it drives now I would have never purchased. I don't know if you can go without getting the update, when it comes time to renew the registration they may make you, you might want to look into this. I'm waiting on my Sofa King update that costs 720.00 hopefully this will restore my trucks performance. I'll have to get the rebate to pay for this. So its not a 3075.00 rebate, its whatever you pay for a retune = the rebate kind of sad :(

needgeech

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Bought a '16 Ram ED last week from a Chrysler dealer. They were certifying it, so they said it was out of the question to skip the AEM update. Went to go pick it up, and they had just flashed it in, but had not hooked it up to test the emissions on it, which I guess is what "Completes" the update. So now I am stuck with the horrible performance as reported, like a 2 second lag when making a left turn across highway traffic. Scary. Both Mopar Vin checks say the AEM update (VO8) has not been done, as well as carfax. Submitted an EDsettlement claim, waiting to hear back. I believe officially it has not been done as it was not completed. Wondering if I should flash in the sofaking etc before I take it in for AEM update take 2, at another closer dealership? If I'm going to have to pay for a tuner now, I would at least like some settlement money to do it with.

CCW

Jun 11, 2019
Truck Year
Bought a '16 Ram ED last week from a Chrysler dealer. They were certifying it, so they said it was out of the question to skip the AEM update. Went to go pick it up, and they had just flashed it in, but had not hooked it up to test the emissions on it, which I guess is what "Completes" the update. So now I am stuck with the horrible performance as reported, like a 2 second lag when making a left turn across highway traffic. Scary. Both Mopar Vin checks say the AEM update (VO8) has not been done, as well as carfax. Submitted an EDsettlement claim, waiting to hear back. I believe officially it has not been done as it was not completed. Wondering if I should flash in the sofaking etc before I take it in for AEM update take 2, at another closer dealership? If I'm going to have to pay for a tuner now, I would at least like some settlement money to do it with.
I feel your pain. Have been dealing with crap throttle response for weeks since I had the recall/AEM update on my 2016 Ram ED Limited. In my case the extreme throttle delay is worst at low speed acceleration when the engine is cold. Wouldn't dare pull out into traffic on a busy road. Once the engine is totally up to temp the response seems to improve significantly. Dealer gave me an ED settlement hotline number to call, but that was useless. Hotline just told me to take it back to the original dealer or see if another dealer would look at it. Talked to the service manager of a different dealership and he basically told me the purchasing dealer should be the one to deal with it - didn't seem too interested. Sooooo, it's back at the original dealer for service round#2 today. Took a technician for a drive so he knew exactly what I was complaining about...will see how it goes. If still unhappy I will probably to take the route of collecting the settlement check and use some of that money to pay for an aftermarket tune...

Patrity

May 2, 2019
Truck Year
Does this affect the warranty?

Both companies have tunes that can leave the emissions in place. When you go to the dealer youll need to flash it to stock some how. With GDE you have to swap the ECM, with SFT; you need to plug in the programmer to the OBDII

Some service managers look the other way.