• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

30K Oil Change - 2018 Ecodiesel

Ehume

Jan 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have a 2018 Ecodiesel. I bought in June. I put 500 miles a week Monday-Friday. Going to have to have the air filter replaced. Did the fuel filter at 20k, is there any other maintenance recommended, that is not listed in the owners manual.

What is a reasonable expectation on the life of this engine and or transmission. I bought this truck for the mileage rating and longevity (hopefully)

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
take care of it it will take care of you oil is probly the most important

Liggett

Sep 13, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I've got a 2018 also. While I don't put on the miles that the OP does, the first thing I did was a GDE tune at 345 miles and then installed an Amsoil remote bypass filter system after my first oil change @ 7K.

Georgek

Oct 3, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I've got a 2018 also. While I don't put on the miles that the OP does, the first thing I did was a GDE tune at 345 miles and then installed an Amsoil remote bypass filter system after my first oil change @ 7K.
I would love to hear about the bypass filter and how it is installed. Pictures would be awesome. Have you had an oil analysis done since you installed the filter? Thanks

Liggett

Sep 13, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I don't intend at the moment to do oil analysis since I don't intend to put much more than 10K per year on this truck. I did the remote filter @ 7000 purely as an "insurance policy". Cleaner oil cannot but help with longevity.
I took the feed off the "oil pressure sender" and mounted the filter on the L. front frame rail where its easy access during normal oil changes. I routed the return line into the side of the filler tube. My plan is to dump and refill the remote filter during yearly oil changes and to CHANGE the remote filter every other oil change.
My cell was on video instead of still when I too pics and the file is apparently too large to upload. Sorry.