• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone had their ecodiesel catch on fire

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
i got like 9+ pages more of owners with fires and this was from 30 mins of searching, but what I do see a pattern is alot of the owners delete their posts afterwards, it must be like a insurance clause or something to eliminate publicly posting about it after insurance takes care of you, if you really want me to keep posting up the others I will

this is why i am puzzled we do not have a class action lawsuit already, 8 ppl reported the fuel pump on duramaxs after like 5+ years in use and they have a class action suit going........
It is because no one sends any thing to the ntsb they only complain on the forums

normsled

Sep 18, 2019
Truck Year
Great inspector, no kidding the truck should not have caught fire!!!!
I have a 2015. Totally stock. Driven by one of my company project managers. Caught fire on his way home tonight. Sitting at a stop sign. Totally the same scenario as you describe. Waiting for the towtruck to drop it here so I can see it but the photos say its a total loss. What next?

normsled

Sep 18, 2019
Truck Year
If this speculation is correct, Than every ED has the potential to catch on fire, because they all have the same wiring.

Back in 1996 We purchase new Ford F-250 ,it had a cabin Fire and melted the entire Dash, it was towed to Minor Ford in New Brighton MN, Ford replace the F-250 no questions asked, It was discover later that ground wires in the dash became hot and fell onto other wires and the fire started, it was related to our electronic Cables to operate of lift on our dump trailers, We added more ground wires and it never happened again.

Fiat behavior with ecodiesel problems is absolutely unacceptable ( One of the reason I no longer own ED) IMO a majority of ED owners are liberal in NOT demanding answers, So Fait just continues to cover up ALL the 3.0 problems....

Every Owner that I recommended to Purchase the ED traded or sold it except one, I care more about My fellow man than Fait does about it Buyers and as long as ED owners except Fiats worthless standards these problems will continue.

Shanondo4, the Vehicle lift system should have shut down when the fuel lines melted, and the CP4 COV should have closed and the vehicle would have stop running, the Revs are wired that means it had some type of combustion liquid (Most likely oil) Now the lockup gear shift is really a problem when fires occur, you would have had to pull the cover and then the rip cord for (N) (Lower left of dash) and push the vehicle out of the Garage ....Hmmmm all when on Fire..X2 on The Hmmmmm.

If ED owners would grow some balls and Demand answers Fiat would not be serving them lies and owners would get some Justice from Fiat, IMO a majority of ED owners will continue to be 1500diesel.com blind.
I have a 2015. Totally stock. Driven by one of my company project managers. Caught fire on his way home tonight. Sitting at a stop sign. Totally the same scenario as you describe. Waiting for the towtruck to drop it here so I can see it but the photos say its a total loss. What next?

Ram1500

Sep 14, 2019
Truck Year
What next is insurance claim, and you try to find another truck you'll like as much....were still looking, insurance never gives as much as it takes to rebuy even used. Had Chrysler look...say fires happen
Soon they have to see a pattern

Ram1500

Sep 14, 2019
Truck Year
Normsled.......we called highway NHSTA
dept....and Chrysler....only heard back from Chrysler stating not a manufacturer defect
I also since wrote a letter to their board of directors and hope someone will raise an eye brow soon

normsled

Sep 18, 2019
Truck Year
dept....and Chrysler....only heard back from Chrysler stating not a manufacturer defect
I also since wrote a letter to their board of directors and hope someone will raise an eye brow soon
So just curious. If this snowballs as it looks like it is, and they have a class action lawsuit a year from now when my situation is all settled and we move on to something else, who gets paid? Do I get compensated for whatever the insurance company shorts me?

Cbm2y

Sep 22, 2019
Truck Year
My 2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel had been having some Electronic Throttle Gauge issues. They said it was under warranty, fixed it, light came back on, fixed it, this happened 4 more times until they fixed it about a month ago, and today the light came back on, truck stalled, smoke from underneath the hood, 2 minutes later the truck was up in flames.

Attachments

• 261645F6-1AB7-4F70-979F-079922D61A0C.jpeg
    261645F6-1AB7-4F70-979F-079922D61A0C.jpeg
    395.9 KB · Views: 18

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
I haven't had it happen to me, but I sent a email to FCA this morning with about 25 photos of ecodiesel's on fire. Hopefully it will get someone's attention, this can't be ignored anymore, it's NOT OK.

John

Nov 13, 2015
My 2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel had been having some Electronic Throttle Gauge issues. They said it was under warranty, fixed it, light came back on, fixed it, this happened 4 more times until they fixed it about a month ago, and today the light came back on, truck stalled, smoke from underneath the hood, 2 minutes later the truck was up in flames.
Scary. Happy there's no injuries.

Ram1500

Sep 14, 2019
Truck Year
I haven't had it happen to me, but I sent a email to FCA this morning with about 25 photos of ecodiesel's on fire. Hopefully it will get someone's attention, this can't be ignored anymore, it's NOT OK.
Agree totally

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

Looks like another TN native member here... I saw that truck on fire on the side of the road and I told my wife, I wonder if he's on my forum? Hate to see that! Small world..

Hopefully the insurance takes care of you and you can get back into something else. Are you thinking about a EcoDiesel or something different?