• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Unhappy with Performance after Emissions Recall Update

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
Thank you for all the information and your time it’s much appreciated 😊- I will be contacting the attorney to file a complaint !! I have been fortunate to have a dealership that has done everything in their power to make this right from reading what other people are going thru. I urge you don’t take no for an answer when the mechanic/ dealership tells you there is nothing they can do or they want to charge you the fix or rental car you really need to tell them—- this is Unacceptable!!!! Please let me talk Your supervisor ...trust me when I say the owner of the dealership they are fully aware of this and our aware that the update from this AEM does ruins the motor and it will need to be replaced ..there is a lot of good information out there on how emissions on a deseil engine works obviously the group that decided on this update flash did not consult a diesel mechanic first!! .. PLEASE..consumers..don’t take NO for answer contact the attorney file a complaint And take the truck back and tell them to make it right!! Especially if you are still making payments..
Question for you. Did the dealership do anything to fix your truck?

Brenda262

Oct 4, 2019
Truck Year
They are still working on it currently been in the shop for the last week and half..they replaced a fuel pump last week and had to turn it around and take it back b/c the check engine light came back up

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
****update*****
I spoke with the dealership's service manager where i bought my truck today regarding a fix for the fix of AEM.
Apparently there is a bulletin out that FCA has a fix and is waiting approval by all parties involved before it can release this.
I would not jump on this right away as i think there will be multiple iterations of this before it is fixed or they buy the trucks back.
I have heard that FCA is buying trucks back on a case by case bases if the truck is totally FD'up. So we shall see.
Maybe why we are seeing "fires" on these trucks. Just saying.

jfw46544

Jan 30, 2019
Truck Year
This may have been covered. If I sign and return, can I come back later and still be part of a lawsuit for the poor acceleration?

Yes, update done and the acceleration sucks. Count me into that club.

Brenda262

Oct 4, 2019
Truck Year
As long as you have not signed release for a check you can do what ever you want , I’m sorry I ... talked to the attorney assigned to this case and it was said that they are aware of the issues and have another update coming sometime between November and December. However this doesn’t help us poor people whose truck has been in the shop for the last 2 half months for check engine lights be safe that lagging is dangerous

Putter-Ridge

Oct 2, 2019
Truck Year
The lag is going to get people killed! It is so dangerous pulling out of an intersection, I have parked mine. I can't imagine when it snows, how bad it will be.

Brenda262

Oct 4, 2019
Truck Year
The lag is going to get people killed! It is so dangerous pulling out of an intersection, I have parked mine. I can't imagine when it snows, how bad it will be.
I know what your talking about have had a few close calls that never should have happened take it back and tell the dealership this unexceptionable... FCA is looking to another update in November or December?? we finally got ours back today after the last month and half now I think we are going to unload it before the next check engine light comes on...be safe

Bob Pierce

Dec 18, 2018
Truck Year
Not only dangerous most annoying. Also burned out intake manifold one week 3700.dollars 4 weeks later fuel regulator had to be replaced also the fuel pump in the tank had to be replaced another 2 thousand dollars my advice is get rid of your eco diesel while you can and never even look at another one just a money Pitt Chrysler says (you didn’t have to do the update for emissions it was your choice ) What a crock of crap run don’t walk away from the ecodiesel do not purchase one new or used

Larryg

Oct 14, 2019
Truck Year
I know what your talking about have had a few close calls that never should have happened take it back and tell the dealership this unexceptionable... FCA is looking to another update in November or December?? we finally got ours back today after the last month and half now I think we are going to unload it before the next check engine light comes on...be safe
I agree. I have to wait forever to get out of my subdivision because the lag is so bad. Maybe another class action suit? It specifically states that performance would not be affected.

ruben3299

Oct 15, 2019
Truck Year
Yes indeed. Turbo lag is VERY bad since the update - especially when cold. Takes a few miles or a lot of idling to get it to respond somewhat normally, and even then it's not like it was prior to the flash.
:cautious: I had to make a left into traffic today and I was about t-boned due to poor acceleration response when I needed to get up and go.

Yes turbo lag has been horrible since the update (5 months ago) not the same when crossing traffic almost got in a few accidents. Just last week got a "service electronic throttle control" message along with a MIL for turbo under-boost and no turbo power at all. Trucks been at the dealer for 3 days with no word from service techs

Robert Mills

Oct 15, 2019
Truck Year
My experience yesterday is the opposite.

Went in with a GDE tune the past 85,000 miles. Truck has 110,000 miles total. Did a fuel mileage check on the way in. Also got a feel for any hesitation with GDE.

After the flash I came home. Tested hesitation with maybe three hard accelerations, one from stop and two on the interstate. One was a merge situation and the other a pass at speeds up to 90 mph. NO HESITATION. No real felt change in poser either.

Fuel mileage going home was about 2 mpg less than GDE. Did drive faster going home and had at least one more acceleration/hesitation test. 28.1 mpg with GDE. 26.5 mpg with the AEM flash.

Expecting my new GDE program to arrive today so just waiting to get my engine back to clean running without the EGR and the DEF sensors. Now I also have a warranty to about 150,000 miles for near everything motor related. Unreal how much warranty there is. On top of that I am supposed to be getting $3,075. It would sure take a fool not to do that AEM.

Actually, I should be paying them for all the performance and pleasure the Ecodiesel has been to me the past 5+ years.
Just asking, so after dealer completes AEM required changes, which I did about 2 months ago and really don't feel any changes...I will now have a 150,000 mile power train warranty?
Just motor or transmission, differentials, transfer case etc.
Thank you
Tommy (Robert Mills)

John

Nov 13, 2015
Just asking, so after dealer completes AEM required changes, which I did about 2 months ago and really don't feel any changes...I will now have a 150,000 mile power train warranty?
Just motor or transmission, differentials, transfer case etc.
Thank you
Tommy (Robert Mills)
17. What is included in the Approved Emissions Modification Extended Warranty?
The “Approved Emissions Modification Extended Warranty” is a warranty that will apply to all vehicles that receive an Approved Emissions Modification. It will cover the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair the items listed in Appendix E of the Consent Decree, which are also listed here:
• Catalysts: Diesel Oxidation Catalyst / Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Assembly; Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) Catalyst
• Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) System: DEF Injector; DEF Injector Controller; DEF Storage Tank; DEF Delivery Lines; DEF Concentration Sensor (2016 Model Year Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee only); DEF Supply Module, Pump, & Temperature Sensor Unit
• Parts of the Fuel System: Low Pressure Fuel Pump Module & Level Unit; Fuel Injectors; Fuel Rail; High Pressure Fuel Line; High Pressure Injection Pump & Regulator Unit
• Parts of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System: EGR Cooler Tubes; EGR Cooler; EGR Valve; EGR Temperature Sensor; EGR Cooler bypass actuator
• Other Sensors That Are Covered: Oxygen Sensors; NOx Sensors; Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor; Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor; Fuel/Water Separator Sensor; Intake Swirl Actuator Sensor; Engine Camshaft Position Sensor; Engine Crankshaft Position Sensor; Particulate Matter Sensor; Mass Airflow Sensor; Boost Pressure Sensor; Crankcase Pressure Sensor; Exhaust Manifold Pressure Sensor; Throttle Valve; Exhaust Temperature Sensor; DPF Differential Pressure Sensor
• Engine Control Module (Computer)
• Transmission Control Module (Computer/Valve Body & Solenoids)
• Throttle Valve
• Cylinder Head Assembly, including Valves, Springs, Valve Spring Keepers, Valve Seats, Cam Bearing Caps, and Manifold Studs (Camshaft and other components of the assembly are not covered)
• Engine Thermostat/housing/gasket
• The turbocharger system including all related hoses and pipes, all sensors and actuators
• Additionally, the Extended Warranty shall cover the cost of any OBD Diagnostic Scan for malfunctions that trigger the OBD Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL), regardless of whether the malfunction is attributable to a part that is covered under the Extended Warranty.
The Approved Emissions Modification Extended Warranty will extend to all parts and labor related to the covered components.
The Approved Emissions Modification Extended Warranty will not void any outstanding warranty. If there is a conflict between the Extended Warranty and any outstanding warranty, that conflict will be resolved to your benefit. The warranty term is the greater of (i) 10 years from the date of initial sale or 120,000 actual miles on the vehicle odometer, whichever comes first; and (ii) 4 years or 48,000 miles from the date and mileage of installing the Approved Emissions Modification on the vehicle, whichever comes first. In no event shall the Extended Warranty apply to or provide any coverage for Eligible Vehicles after May 1, 2029. In the event that an Eligible Vehicle that has received the Approved Emissions Modification is resold, the remaining Extended Warranty Period, if any, is transferable to subsequent purchasers and shall continue through the date or mileage determined in this Paragraph for the benefit of such subsequent purchasers.
The Extended Warranty also provides buyback protections to any Eligible Owner or Eligible Lessee of an Eligible Vehicle that receives the AEM in the event that, during the 18 months or 18,000 miles (whichever comes first) following the completion of the AEM (the “Remedy Period”), Fiat Chrysler fails to repair or remedy a confirmed failure or malfunction covered by the Extended Warranty and associated with the AEM (a “Warrantable Failure”) after the Eligible Owner or Eligible Lessee physically presents the Eligible Vehicle to a Fiat Chrysler Authorized Dealer for repair of the Warrantable Failure; and (1) the Warrantable Failure is unable to be remedied after making four separate service visits to the same Fiat Chrysler Authorized Dealer for the same Warrantable Failure during the Remedy Period; or (2) the Eligible Vehicle with the Warrantable Failure is out-of-service due to the Warrantable Failure for a cumulative total of thirty (30) days during the Remedy Period, not including any days when the Dealer returns or otherwise tenders the Eligible Vehicle to the customer while the Fiat Chrysler Authorized Dealer awaits necessary parts and such vehicle remains Operable.
Additional detail regarding the Extended Warranty can be found in Paragraph 45 and Appendix E of the Consent Decree.

Stewart

Sep 4, 2019
Truck Year
The throttle lag in my truck is not super consistent, which probably makes it more dangerous in my opinion. Usually, when it happens the truck has just been started and only run for a couple of minutes but not every time then. Sometimes halfway up my 3/10 mile drive it just about stops moving and sometimes it happens when I pull out into 55mph traffic at the top of the drive. It is much less noticeable after it has gotten up to operating temps. I have lost about 3mpg on a running average and it drops further and faster if I am towing than before the update.
I seriously doubt FCA can improve this with more software, otherwise, why would they not have done that either initially or with the first attempt at correcting this problem?

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
Has any one received a check from FCA yet? Those fuckers not only F'd my truck up but it has been 4 months no check. All my stuff is approved. I just want the 3000 and i am dumping the truck. I sure do miss my honda ridgeline. I do not care what you say the car/truck will out last anything FCA can put out. Maybe not tow as much but it would get 200k no problem. My buddy still has his with 175k on a 2009. First and last time i buy an american made shit wagon.

Larryg

Oct 14, 2019
Truck Year
If we all stop and think about it, we are all screwed. Whether your truck has problems or it doesn't, the resell value has already plummetted because of this situation. It will not get any better. Just when I'm about to have the truck paid off, it is worth thousands less than before. As for as the problems go, I am one of the unlucky ones. Mileage has dropped off dramatically, the lag is so bad I have trouble getting out of my subdivision during rush hours. This sucks big time. RAM screwed up big time and the "fix" that they came up with is not 100% effective. Not even close. Thanks Dodge/RAM/Fiat... you have bent me over and didn't even say thank you.