• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Unhappy with Performance after Emissions Recall Update

CCW

Jun 11, 2019
Truck Year
Has any one received a check from FCA yet? Those fuckers not only F'd my truck up but it has been 4 months no check. All my stuff is approved. I just want the 3000 and i am dumping the truck. I sure do miss my honda ridgeline. I do not care what you say the car/truck will out last anything FCA can put out. Maybe not tow as much but it would get 200k no problem. My buddy still has his with 175k on a 2009. First and last time i buy an american made shit wagon.
Finally got my check last week (took a little over 4 months). Keep calling the settlement hot line and complaining - mine probably would have taken at least another month if I didn't bug the crap out of them. Was hoping to spend part of the check on an aftermarket tune, but can't even do that now...not much consolation for them killing the performance of my "premium" truck.

Note: even when your claim status says the check was sent that isn't completely accurate. They send the checks out in batches (probably only once or twice/month), so don't be surprised if it still takes an additional few weeks after you see that status...

CCW

Jun 11, 2019
Truck Year
If we all stop and think about it, we are all screwed. Whether your truck has problems or it doesn't, the resell value has already plummetted because of this situation. It will not get any better. Just when I'm about to have the truck paid off, it is worth thousands less than before. As for as the problems go, I am one of the unlucky ones. Mileage has dropped off dramatically, the lag is so bad I have trouble getting out of my subdivision during rush hours. This sucks big time. RAM screwed up big time and the "fix" that they came up with is not 100% effective. Not even close. Thanks Dodge/RAM/Fiat... you have bent me over and didn't even say thank you.
AMEN Brother! With you 100%. This will be the last Chrysler product I ever own. Too many lies. Too much deception. I truly don't believe they value us or our loyalty. Horrible way to treat a customer...

T Bone

Oct 27, 2016
Truck Year
If we all stop and think about it, we are all screwed. Whether your truck has problems or it doesn't, the resell value has already plummetted because of this situation. It will not get any better. Just when I'm about to have the truck paid off, it is worth thousands less than before. As for as the problems go, I am one of the unlucky ones. Mileage has dropped off dramatically, the lag is so bad I have trouble getting out of my subdivision during rush hours. This sucks big time. RAM screwed up big time and the "fix" that they came up with is not 100% effective. Not even close. Thanks Dodge/RAM/Fiat... you have bent me over and didn't even say thank you.
GDE tune. You'll have your old truck back instantly. Its awesome

CCW

Jun 11, 2019
Truck Year
GDE tune. You'll have your old truck back instantly. Its awesome
Wish I could. Tried to go that route, but GDE said they can't sell the tune to me anymore due to recent EPA rule changes. Guess I waited a bit too long. Totally screwed now...

T Bone

Oct 27, 2016
Truck Year
Wish I could. Tried to go that route, but GDE said they can't sell the tune to me anymore due to recent EPA rule changes. Guess I waited a bit too long. Totally screwed now...
So sorry.😣

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
there is a diesel shop in Canada selling a tune that is like gde check om the Canadian forums they all use them plus it is a little cheaper I posted on here a while back

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
there is a diesel shop in Canada selling a tune that is like gde check om the Canadian forums they all use them plus it is a little cheaper I posted on here a while back
Can you PM me the name of the shop? If i can fix this i will keep the truck.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
855-390-4932 send ecu they ship back. HD diesel supply 888-375-7767 gde is now in Canada take a ride!!!

Last edited:

JohnU

Jul 29, 2019
Truck Year
Hello,

I had the Emissions Recall updated 5/31/19 and am disappointed. The Performance is sluggish, shift points changed and shifts a little harder. Hills that required no downshifts before are requiring downshifts to 7th gear some as low as 5th. DO NOT get the update. Dealer cannot help, I have logged a complaint with Ram!
Refusing to get the update isn’t an option if you’re in California.

Barney

Apr 5, 2016
Truck Year
I had the emissions upgrade done during the summer and got poor acceleration after the upgrade. Now that the weather has gotten cooler in Atlanta, the lag seems to be much less or totally gone. Anyone else experiencing the same cool weather performance?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Scheduled my "update" today. It will be performed Nov. 6th. When I talked to the service advisor he was very up front that the flash appears to affect mileage and performance. That is obviously a contradiction to the FCA claim.
I had a feeling that I would be needing a GDE tune and was probably one of the last orders they filled on 8/25/2019. I have a tuned GDE ECM in my garage that I will be installing on the Nov. 9th as well.

Larryg

Oct 14, 2019
Truck Year
Scheduled my "update" today. It will be performed Nov. 6th. When I talked to the service advisor he was very up front that the flash appears to affect mileage and performance. That is obviously a contradiction to the FCA claim.
I had a feeling that I would be needing a GDE tune and was probably one of the last orders they filled on 8/25/2019. I have a tuned GDE ECM in my garage that I will be installing on the Nov. 9th as well.
Be happy that you got it before this darn "ban" went into effect. Without going out of the country, you can't get them here any longer. At least I haven't been able to.

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
I had the emissions upgrade done during the summer and got poor acceleration after the upgrade. Now that the weather has gotten cooler in Atlanta, the lag seems to be much less or totally gone. Anyone else experiencing the same cool weather performance?
Barney, it is interesting that you mention this. I am wondering if this setup just needs to be running for awhile as the computers on this truck do take some time to make final adjustments based on driving conditions. I am also thinking that is what is happening. I had my truck running like crap and now it seems to be much better. I know they sent out an update to the radio a week or so ago. After that my truck is not great but better than it had been. I was ready to dump this thing but now i am second guessing. I am waiting for my 3k and i have my eye on another Laramie 2020 with the hemi motor. So we shall see.

ramraiders

Jul 14, 2019
Truck Year
Not sure what else to expect will go wrong with this truck.