• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Reprogram ECM

Blue52

Jun 11, 2020
Truck Year
I have a 2014ram and the dealer did the update without my permission any body know what I can do to get my truck back HELP

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I have a 2014ram and the dealer did the update without my permission any body know what I can do to get my truck back HELP
Unfortunately there will be no way for you to get your former programming back.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Layout some cash and get a tuner, SFT, GDE or another if you like, from everything I have found it seems that disabling the EGR is the most advantageous thing you can do on theses engines.

Mac

Jun 13, 2020
Truck Year
Hey there, I just bought my 2016 with a stock tune, and I am planning on getting the new GDE tune. It should be available June 22.

Blue52

Jun 11, 2020
Truck Year
Caveman what program would you pick Minn does not. Have any kind of check

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I'm considering SFT, GDE has been shut down by the EPA and are just getting back in the game, so I don't know if they are shutting down the EGR, the question has been asked, but not really answered, I can understand that too, there's some others out there if you research.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
From what I've read they are all similar, and it will depend on how extreme you want to go, stage 1 allows you to keep the emissions intact with the EGR shut-off, (not sure on the new GDE tunes), stage 2 will require removing emission parts, I plan on sticking with stage 1. Everything I have read seems to indicate the EGR being the problem child on these engines allowing excessive carbon build up and the superheat cycles weaken the EGR cooler allowing it to leak and possibly(likely) cause serious damage. These aren't the only emission controlled diesel engines that had EGR cooler, one company was built developing and making bullet proof EGR coolers. SFT seems to have an excellent reputation with their combo tune package and the rally add-on for the trans tune, and they include turbo braking at no charge. FYI, I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY TUNERS OR RETAILERS OF TUNERS, I do not have a tuner as yet. I'm hearing that GDE will be back in the game on June 22, 2020. I too do not have any emissions test where I live, BUT if you ever plan on trading in, it would need to be put back stock for any dealer to legally take it as a trade in. It is illegal to tamper with emission controls.

Blue52

Jun 11, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks for your comment that helps do you know anything about the banks denger

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
No I don't Gale Banks has been around & tuning for a long time, I've read that his tunes for other diesels , like the DURAMAX, POWERSTROKE & RAM CUMMINS are VERY conservative, I don't know if the derringer shuts down the EGR or not. Theres a lot more people here that probably have a LOT more experience tuning these things than me. Check youtube, and Facebook has several ecodiesel groups , one is a performance group.

Cshelbs1308

Jun 15, 2020
Truck Year
I’m looking into the derringer does this help prevent the p0299 code turbo underboost..... just got my 15 last week and they flashed it before I got it 20miles down the road and boom electronic throttle control service, underboost, and egr cooler code.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
get it fixed and tune it if it dosent have a ton of miles on it

Cshelbs1308

Jun 15, 2020
Truck Year
get it fixed and tune it if it dosent have a ton of miles on it
118000 miles on it but I just ordered the GDE tune getting the recall on the EGR system first part of July( dealer just got availability of part orders at 3 per week I’m #4 on the list) VO7 has been done right before I got the truck a week ago... also cleaned the MAP and the tip of the diffuser tube what are y’all using for the inside of the tube?