• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Controlling stationary throttle manually

Purviews

Mar 24, 2020
Truck Year
I have not seen any discussion of this in the forums.
I've been doing a lot of short city trips lately, and of course, regen is an issue because of this.
In a pinch, I can put it in manual and try to keep the revs high that way but it's a PITA.

So my idea was to add a throttle control to the dash somewhere, allowing me to park at my destination and leave it idling until regen finishes.
I believe it might need to be set somewhere above 1500 for it to work.

What are your thoughts? Is it possible?

My covid days are over soon and I will be going back to my job; where I drive short trips for the company during the day. I don't want to have to phone the boss and tell him my five minute trip to the hardware store is now going to be half an hour.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I would love high idle to be available on demand with a tune, not just for warm-ups. I don't know if there's a way to tap in & modify some parameters with a DPDT switch or not. I just did a search and BD DIESEL has a high idle kit available, specs say fits all 1500's from 14 thru 18, $255.00. and a 15% popup showed up when I went to leave.

Last edited:

Purviews

Mar 24, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks to both of You.

I went to the Edge page and saw no mention of controlling regens which is what I assumed you meant.
The BD Deisel company is near me and I may even have called them in the past. Will have to do some more research.

Still hoping for some clever hack that doesn't involve hundreds of dollars

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks to both of You.

I went to the Edge page and saw no mention of controlling regens which is what I assumed you meant.
The BD Deisel company is near me and I may even have called them in the past. Will have to do some more research.

Sorry, that auto spell kills me sometimes. I have to do a better job of proofing my posts!
cst2 regen
Many tutorials on the process.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks to both of You.

A stick cut to the approximate length to reach the seat from the accelerator pedal works to keep it in regen mode, if you have power seat to fine tune rpm lol. But you'll still need to go shut it down when its done

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I have used a brake pedal jack(used when doing wheel alignments) to handle the go pedal when doing A/C work.