• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGR cooler and reflash?

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
The only thing the Dealer has to do to my truck is install the replacement EGR cooler when they have them, mine is just fine but it's coming one of these days. My question is if anyone knows for sure, when the EGR cooler is replaced do they reflash the ECM?, I have a tune, and a few things added like trailer mirrors, brake controller that I did with AlphaOBD, I am hoping they just remove the old one and bolt on the new one, I plan on telling them to flash nothing at all on the truck.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I would imagine no matter what you say they will install the most current available software flash.

TooClose Racing

Dec 20, 2017
Truck Year
Not Listed
Oh come on, 1shadowsabre! :sneaky: I'm getting ready to go in for the replacement cooler, and that is exactly what I will tell them. I realize that - based on prelim reading of AIM #2 safety notice - I will not get an additional fuel/pollution controls warranty perk. Oh well. No means no. If someone has had their dealer install AIM#2 against their wishes or been told "no AIM #2 ecm update, no EGR cooler update", please speak up! BTW - Many of us buy extended warranty contracts anyway to address the "kaboom" element with these powerplants.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Well my thought was if you get the new replacement cooler an updated flash is part of the recall. In order to get reimbursed for the work the dealer will be required to update the software. You may have a great dealer or a different experience!
I am in the que for my replacement cooler also ( not sure when) so I look forward to hearing about your experience!

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
I had just the cooler replaced and the tailgate latch fixed when I took mine in the other week and the service manager printed off a sheet with only those 2 recalls to be completed that i signed and it seems good yet, but i wasn't tuned or anything just pre AEM

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
Well my thought was if you get the new replacement cooler an updated flash is part of the recall. In order to get reimbursed for the work the dealer will be required to update the software. You may have a great dealer or a different experience!
I am in the que for my replacement cooler also ( not sure when) so I look forward to hearing about your experience!
There is no flash required as part of the EGR recall. They may ask you if you want VA7 but, at least with my dealer, they do only what I authorize.