• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Can’t find mechanic

Jodyer

Jun 27, 2020
Truck Year
Live in the Seattle area and have called 10+ diesel mechanics and none of them work on eco diesels. I’d like to do a delete and customize the exhaust

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
Live in the Seattle area and have called 10+ diesel mechanics and none of them work on eco diesels. I’d like to do a delete and customize the exhaust
Because none of them will do emissions removals and get fined, put out of business or worse

Jodyer

Jun 27, 2020
Truck Year
Well that’s a bunch of bologne, I want to roll some coal with this thing

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Fines are huge for a shop removing emission controls, man up & assume that risk yourself.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
You ain't going to roll coal with this truck. But caveman is right, pull your panties up and get dirty yourself.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I think the fines for a shop removing emissions on a vehicle start at &50k per incident, if an inspector wanted to be an ass he could count EGR as 1 infraction, SCR removal as another one , and DPD another one, $150k at the minimum fines. I remember sitting at a stoplight in Phoenix watching the idiot in the next lane and up about a truck length "rolling coal", I don't know how he was getting it through emissions. I'm fortunate that I live in a rural area & don't have to test. Modern fuel control can get all the power anyone logically needs without spewing that much crap in the air, it's a kids thing IMO, in the old days black smoke meant power and the more smoke the more power, not the case nowadays, and it's irresponsible.

Jodyer

Jun 27, 2020
Truck Year
You ain't going to roll coal with this truck. But caveman is right, pull your panties up and get dirty yourself.

I’d like to.. are there any how to videos or tutorials on deletes? I can’t find any!

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
EGR delete instructions are attached. HD Diesel Supply makes a decent kit. Exhaust is straight forward, R&R from the turbo back to muffler or further. T & S speed shop produces quality pipe replacement. https://tnsspeedshop.com/ You'll also need tuning to make it all work together. But do all this and you're still not rolling coal with the 3.0L V6. Might want to look at a Cummins or Powerstroke with a manual transmission if you want to billow black smoke. To each their own.

Attachments

• EGR Delete Instructions.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 20

Will42

Jul 30, 2020
Truck Year
What are the benefits for the delete? I can get 29-31 mpg on highway now.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Well you won’t have egr issues anymore, you won’t be dumping soot through your intake and engine making it much happier, cleaner oil, avoid the hassle of future def and Dpf Problems, and better throttle response.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
But if you drive a different vehicle every couple of years or do not like to wrench on your vehicle, deleting isn't the best option. 29-31 mpg is a great number, if it ain't broke don't fix it!