• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

warrenty isue with error codes p0101, p0299, po26D

marcel rijnders

Jun 22, 2020
Truck Year
Hello everybody, im new to this side, came to it when i did research about 2014 eco diesel.
I bought truck new, settled on the scandal with new software and extended warranty plus $3050.00
With 93 K on odometer, I got throttle control alarm, at interstate speed, felt like a big suction and noise.
Brought it to my dealer, who kind of questioned the warranty. Got a real bad feeling.
Any thoughts,

Regards, Marcel Rijnders

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
Hello everybody, im new to this side, came to it when i did research about 2014 eco diesel.
I bought truck new, settled on the scandal with new software and extended warranty plus $3050.00
With 93 K on odometer, I got throttle control alarm, at interstate speed, felt like a big suction and noise.
Brought it to my dealer, who kind of questioned the warranty. Got a real bad feeling.
Any thoughts,

Regards, Marcel Rijnders
Why do you have a bad feeling?

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
If you bought the vehicle new and had the AEM software update and settled for the $3,075 as part of the class action. The vehicle will have an extended warranty with no deductible and gives you additional protection if the vehicle sits for over 30 day or has the same issue that can’t be repaired, you are covered under the Class Action Settlement . FCA is forced to comply with a buyback.

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
Wife and I went on 1,500 mile road trip, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi then Tennessee, driving 75 MPH. About 100 miles outside of Memphis, Throttle Body error came on P0299 and PO26D P2549 codes, Eco Diesel at 62,000 miles. Two weeks ago removed EGR tube and cleaned, it was thick with black coke.
Ran in Limp Mode into Memphis, Left it at Dealership , On the way there, message on screen said "Exhaust Filter 100% Service Required See Dealer". Yes it's covered under EcoDiesel Settlement. I scanned with BlueDriver and saw 2 P codes that DPF failed to Regen. Why would DPF fail to REGEN? 100% stock, no modifications

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
if a code is set before the regen is started it wont regen time for dealer or alfa obd

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
Update, dealer called today said they found the Fuel High Pressure pump shredded metal all thorough the fuel system, I ask is this the LIFT pump, he said NO. Anyone with Ford, Chevy Dodge with Bosch CP4 pump, get it changed, time bomb waiting to shed your fuel system Eco Diesel up to 2016 has it also. So Dealer is replacing the HP pump, Fuel lines, Injector Rail, Injectors and Intake Manifold

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
Hot Shot's Secret LX4 Lubricity Extreme is a new product to add to your fuel. It adds Lubricity for high pressure pump and injectors. Recommended amount would be about 2 oz to 20 gallons of diesel. In the future I'm not letting fuel level to get below 1/4 tank before filling up. I've heard that low fuel levels in tank can cause foaming of the fuel and damage the fuel pump

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its Not the foam, its the heated fuel that is return VIA HPP and Injectors. I consider ALL Retail Additives for LUBE Snake Oil, and so do the Chemist at Flints Hills Refinery and Most fuel Chemists. 2oz per 20 gallons LMBO. That's 1oz per 1280oz or 1oz per 10 gallons. 1280:1

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Just trying to break down how 1oz per 10 Gallons is going to protect rotating parts at tolerances 0.00001 +/-

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Not good or bait for $.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If you google best lube for DSL, BioDsl is always #1, all the rest of the additives rank lower. So check your Pump, MN right now is 20/80 BioDsl.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
That is true from a lubricity stand point. But what about treating water in the fuel? Anything above 5% bio increases chances of it containing water. I know additives don't get rid of water, but they manipulate it's makeup, not allowing it to freeze and in turn make it useful. Chemists sure know what they're doing, doesn't mean their formula is ultimately what ends up in the tank.

Here's a good article... https://www.hydrocarbonprocessing.c...uel-performance-additive-the-right-way-part-1

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
It does increase the possibly of water, That's why Every DSL I own has Aqua-Zorb or incapsulating water, ( No water separating Filters) Aqua-zorb get 100% of standing water and some emulsified Water. Its not a question if pumped BioDSL, its how many times, its sold on the open market all over N/A.

Hmmm flint Hills test their BioDsl over 200+ times a day, its been a few Year since I tour the refinery, But was impressed by the efforts to make sure every drop of fuel leaving the refinery met every standard.

The general problem with BioDSL is storage and time W/O being stirred.