• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Air suspension problems

Sean McG

Feb 13, 2019
Truck Year
For 6 weeks or so occasionally the left rear bag leaks off and the compressor runs constantly at idle. Today I came off the highway/out of Aero and got a air suspension service message. When I parked the left side was sitting on the bump stops and the right was in Aero. I drove home, let it sit for 20 minute, turned the truck back on and everything was back to normal ride height. Anyone have any ideas?

nkhagen

Dec 17, 2019
Truck Year
Agreed with carlhenry. Air suspension does not like the cold and leaks are fatal to the oem compressors because it's drawing moist air in to replenish the system. Fix the leak asap or you're in for a new compressor. As a side note, Dorman makes an upgraded compressor setup now but it hasn't been out long enough to see how long it lasts.

jcj1576

May 6, 2018
Truck Year
My understanding is that this cold weather air ride issues were resolved after 2014 model year. I have a 2015 and live in Iowa and have had zero issues with mine. We just finished a stretch of 3 weeks of subzero conditions to -34 and I had no problems.