• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EGR Question

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yeah, I do find the scr issue concerning, but running the engine without the egr threatening to melt down the intake with 400+F gases coming in is much more relaxing!

I see Your point...Just sharing info.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
I see Your point...Just sharing info.
Thanks, and the OP will likely want to make note of the scr concern as well, if it actually overdoses DEF to try and reduce NOX since its not able to use egr with it disconnected.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Monitor your DEF consumption. It will increase substantially and eventually have issues. The exhaust repair for over dosing and destroying the SCR washcoat should be less than $3000, it may take 10,000-20,000 miles for this to happen.
Can you go into a little more detail here as to why over dosing def destroys the scr wash coat? There is DEF only technology out there like Fiat that was meeting tier 4b emissions without egr.
Thanks

Sp12354

Mar 28, 2021
Truck Year
Dealer did egr recall on my 2015 ecodiesel and left the old egr in the truck bed. They also did the v08 recall so I lost my gde stage 1 tune.
If I remove the valve actuator from the old egr and plug this into the egr this should allow the new egr valve to remain closed.
Thoughts?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
It will throw Rational Codes. Sometimes immediately, other times its conditional triggered.

Bruno55

Apr 7, 2021
Truck Year
I see your point, With My WITECH , I monitored that thermocouple pass the EGR Vale and Exchanger with infrared gun, it was still 200-300F.
The bypass valve does NOT stop the Heat/Gases. I even cap the Plenum and made My own tube from EGR Valve to atmosphere. It still triggered rationale codes. Keith GDE mentioned what you are doing the SCR/DPF and I agree 100%. if you keep messing with the EGR W/O tuning or capping it ( Capping it still will cause problems W/O Tuning) . You must delete or Hope Keith can work on road CAA COC tuning that will extend the life of the entire system that is so plagued with problems.

If you have 2014-16 Ecodiesel run lower concentrate of Urea Mix 50% DEF / 50% Distilled Water to eliminate DEF Injector/pump crystallization.
Another ratio 2.5 Gallons DEF to 1 Gallon DS.
Never heard about diluting the mix to 50/50 but I have seen some injector pumps with the crystallization having formed😳 after reading about all these issues on several forums, the full delete is what I’m scheduled for

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Upgrading the 3.0VM is your only hope.