• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 Complete Engine Failure

Beard Master

Dec 2, 2022
Truck Year
I was towing 3500 lb trailer. Started hearing knocking, started to pull over, then coasted to the side of the road. Could not turn it over. Five months later dealership replaced engine and torque converter. $15055 later. Sure seems that this is an issue that Ram should deal with.

Nhayward

Oct 19, 2022
Truck Year
Why would Ram deal with it? Is there an issue I’m not aware of with the engine/torque converter? I’d like to know so I can try to get ahead of it on my 2015.

Jbprints

Nov 3, 2022
Truck Year
If you had the emission recall upgrade done, I believe this should have been under the extended 8 year 125,000 mile warrant.

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
Blew by 2015 with 96500 miles. No codes, no warring's. Just started losing coolant and dealership eventually decided it was a cracked head/block and currently waiting on a new warranty engine replacement.

Beard Master

Dec 2, 2022
Truck Year
Why would Ram deal with it? Is there an issue I’m not aware of with the engine/torque converter? I’d like to know so I can try to get ahead of it on my 2015.
I have not heard of an issue with the torque converter. But the engines are blowing regularly. Some of them are the timing chain, not sure what mine is. They would not do a tear-down.

Beard Master

Dec 2, 2022
Truck Year
Blew by 2015 with 96500 miles. No codes, no warring's. Just started losing coolant and dealership eventually decided it was a cracked head/block and currently waiting on a new warranty engine replacement.
There were no codes on mine either. No loss of any fluids Had to wait 5 months for the new engine. They don't have any on hand because they are going through so many. They are made in Italy.

LeRoyT

Dec 3, 2022
Truck Year
There were no codes on mine either. No loss of any fluids Had to wait 5 months for the new engine. They don't have any on hand because they are going through so many. They are made in Italy.
Sure hoping I didn't make a mistake by buying one , just bought a 2015 ram 1500 with the 3.0 Ecoboost.

Rick971

Mar 21, 2022
Truck Year
I was towing 3500 lb trailer. Started hearing knocking, started to pull over, then coasted to the side of the road. Could not turn it over. Five months later dealership replaced engine and torque converter. $15055 later. Sure seems that this is an issue that Ram should deal with.

Same here, 2017 with 83k truck originated in Canada and sold at auction to a USA dealership. I purchased in March 2022 and engine blew 9 weeks later. Said there wasn't any warranties on the used truck so I purchased an extended warranty offered by the dealership. THANK GOD I DID. First week of June I was told that it would be 3-5 months to get a engine, 3 weeks later told not to expect a engine before February or March 2023. WHAT!!!
We went to Ireland in August only to return home and be told my truck was done!
They gave me 3 year 100k mile warranty on new engine. Now getting engine codes for #1 "Can Bus Issue" #2 "by pass coolant valve issue" and #3 "Rain sensor issue"
Totally worried about future issues and longevity of new engin, hearing way to many repeat problems.

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
Same here, 2017 with 83k truck originated in Canada and sold at auction to a USA dealership. I purchased in March 2022 and engine blew 9 weeks later. Said there wasn't any warranties on the used truck so I purchased an extended warranty offered by the dealership. THANK GOD I DID. First week of June I was told that it would be 3-5 months to get a engine, 3 weeks later told not to expect a engine before February or March 2023. WHAT!!!
We went to Ireland in August only to return home and be told my truck was done!
They gave me 3 year 100k mile warranty on new engine. Now getting engine codes for #1 "Can Bus Issue" #2 "by pass coolant valve issue" and #3 "Rain sensor issue"
Totally worried about future issues and longevity of new engin, hearing way to many repeat problems.
Really!? New 3/100K warranty on the new engine! Wow, I hope I see that because what I have heard is that all you get is the remaining warranty on the first engine.....which is only 3500 miles for me.