Factory tune does a regen every 50-150 miles depending on drive cycle. What is your drive cycle like? If all city, then it will regen about every 100-230 miles with GDE tune. The driving style makes a big difference. It is not much different than our old tune, maybe you want to eliminate the...
VM and Fiat Powertrain are working on the Gen 4 version of this engine now. If they do not change the block, than all is a mute point. VM has been pushed more toward the Mercury boat line and more on the industrial side. You can cost the parent company 1.5 billion and continue like nothing...
The software our customers download is from Alientech, the flash tool manufacturer. I am not sure how a checksum of their software would validate it. They have used the same software for 5 years now for many tuning companies, not just GDE.
We have been hearing of Gen3 engine failures now. The design tweaks in the new engine are not enough to prevent some failures. Also heard there is a cleanliness issue in the assembly plant. Glad they got you fixed up.
Our Colorado tunes are released. We are working on the Ford now. Thus far with an engine and trans tune on that application we can drop the 0-60 almost 2 seconds. This will also be emission compliant when it is released.
The Ford 3.0l Powerstroke is a nice engine and will be around for quite a while. They did a poor job of marketing it and only offer on high trim levels, this prices out a lot of potential customers. I think they might address those issues in the 2021 model year release.
We are compiling the tunes now. We will be building customer tunes later next week. Thanks for the patience. The tune is more powerful than the older tune and drivability is the same as older tunes. It takes care of 95% of FCA issues. The other 5% are hard part problems FCA has that we...
We just finished the emission certification testing on ecodiesel yesterday. We will have an engine/trans tune combo with OBD flash tool for install available in mid-June. 49-state legal at the moment. CA and CARB have more paperwork and they will be later in the summer.
Truck value drops about $5000 as a very expensive system is being removed from vehicle and this negatively affects resale value. Service is harder to get done as you cannot take it to a dealer for the most part. Can only private sale the vehicle as it is illegal for a dealer to sell a deleted...
You need to flash the trans back to stock, then you can erase the tool. This will unlock it from your VIN and make it feasible to resell the tool. The next person could just buy a trans tune at that point.
If it was fine for a while, there is a good chance the turbo has been damaged due to overspeeding the bearings. Many of these tunes companies make tend to overspeed the turbo if power bump is over 30 hp. Hope you can get it sorted out.
The ZF trans is very nice. The 2020 Gen3 engine will have its own issues that need addressing. Some issues will be related to the Gen2 engine and others will be new issues based on the changed hardware. It is still a poor integration on the engine compared to Ford or GM.
MR506 is the same base engine as Ram, modified for marine use. The 630 was designed for passenger car use and worked very well for that purpose. A truck engine should have a different design to handle the increased load factor. I agree a clean sheet design is warranted.
Monitor your DEF consumption. It will increase substantially and eventually have issues. The exhaust repair for over dosing and destroying the SCR washcoat should be less than $3000, it may take 10,000-20,000 miles for this to happen.