• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

100 percent filled exhaust

Georgy1957

Jun 19, 2020
Truck Year
I have a 2016 eco diesel 1and it has 100 percent filled exhaust message what do i do to remedy?

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
ALPHAOBD, AND AN ELM ADAPTER FOR THE OBD PORT should be able force a regen. Alsomget something that will show when a regen is happening & let it finish if you can.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The AlfaOBD can force stationary De-sooting, 2nd the device to notice Active Regen.

WITech will Force De-sooting if parameters are met.

Gproduce

Sep 14, 2020
Truck Year
ALPHAOBD, AND AN ELM ADAPTER FOR THE OBD PORT should be able force a regen. Alsomget something that will show when a regen is happening & let it finish if you can.
Are these two different things and where can I get them. Will they void the warranty? I Pull a trailer a lot and most times I get the warning at 80-90% full. It is difficult to reach highway speeds before 100%

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Alphaobd is a phone , tablet or pc app that will give you the ability to do a plethora of things on your ram, obd scantool, the ability to turn on options & change some parameters of some modes of operation, such as fog light operation etc, and can allow you to force a stationary regen to help you stay away from the dealer. the ELM adapter is the interface that connects in the OBD port to allow the app to connect to the vehicle. The app and a good ELM adapter will be about a hundred to a hundred fifty bucks. You can get the ELM adapter from AMAZON, & the app you can search out I think it's ALFAOBD, I got an android version and installed it on an old KINDLE fire. I would STRONGLY suggest an EDGE INSIGHT 2 OR 3 to monitor regens, it sounds as though you may do a lot of "grocerygetter" type driving, regens happen in the background, and typically you never know it, this can allow the soot mass to build up if the regens don't get a chance to finish( a passive regen will finish in 10 to 12 miles, and I will not shut mine down in the middle of a regen if at all possible, and suggest the same to everyone, I also recommend one of the EDGE products to everyone involved with these trucks.
There is also a device called SCANGAGE 2 that can be programmed to monitor soot mass & regen activity, those must be hand programmed with a few lines of HEX code, pretty simple but you have to be quick!, I think its cost is about $140., Edge is about $400.

Last edited:

Gproduce

Sep 14, 2020
Truck Year
Alphaobd is a phone , tablet or pc app that will give you the ability to do a plethora of things on your ram, obd scantool, the ability to turn on options & change some parameters of some modes of operation, such as fog light operation etc, and can allow you to force a stationary regen to help you stay away from the dealer. the ELM adapter is the interface that connects in the OBD port to allow the app to connect to the vehicle. The app and a good ELM adapter will be about a hundred to a hundred fifty bucks. You can get the ELM adapter from AMAZON, & the app you can search out I think it's ALFAOBD, I got an android version and installed it on an old KINDLE fire. I would STRONGLY suggest an EDGE INSIGHT 2 OR 3 to monitor regens, it sounds as though you may do a lot of "grocerygetter" type driving, regens happen in the background, and typically you never know it, this can allow the soot mass to build up if the regens don't get a chance to finish( a passive regen will finish in 10 to 12 miles, and I will not shut mine down in the middle of a regen if at all possible, and suggest the same to everyone, I also recommend one of the EDGE products to everyone involved with these trucks.
There is also a device called SCANGAGE 2 that can be programmed to monitor soot mass & regen activity, those must be hand programmed with a few lines of HEX code, pretty simple but you have to be quick!, I think its cost is about $140., Edge is about $400.
Thank you for the in depth reply. Very helpful, I will look into this

Gproduce

Sep 14, 2020
Truck Year
I found the
BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scan Tool for iPhone & Android
Brand: BlueDriver
4.6 out of 5 stars 18,097 ratings On amazon.Comes with app for $100.

I cant find the app in apple store so will this work.
Also does the Edge insight CTS3 have the ability to force a regen and does it tell you approx at what level its at? 50%,60% etc.
I pull an RV in the foothills and Sierras and I'm at 40 to 55 MPH often with no freeway in sight.

| 1000+ answered questions

Price:$99.95

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
I found the
BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scan Tool for iPhone & Android
Brand: BlueDriver
4.6 out of 5 stars 18,097 ratings On amazon.Comes with app for $100.

I cant find the app in apple store so will this work.
Also does the Edge insight CTS3 have the ability to force a regen and does it tell you approx at what level its at? 50%,60% etc.
I pull an RV in the foothills and Sierras and I'm at 40 to 55 MPH often with no freeway in sight.

| 1000+ answered questions

Price:$99.95
This works to monitor quite a few things but the only real way I found to check if it's in regen is to monitor dpf exhaust temp. It has a emissions status but no way to read it while driving as it's too small. If it goes up over 1000 then you know its active. But, you say you tow your RV. You actually don't need a freeway to do a regen if you meet the parameters

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
If you can see a regen message you can do it with your vehicle parked and a steady foot on the throttle. It is really about rpm's

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I think I found AlfaOBD on the PC, I'll see if a link & post it, ALFA seems to be the app of choice for the ECODIESEL. The CTS 3 does not support a forced regen that I've been able to find, it will give you soot mass and regen status, several exhaust temps, , engine oil temp & pressure, coolant temp and current gear, & a bunch of other things, there are 3 different screens available with the 3rd giving you 12 total gauges. I also set it up for EGR position after I tuned the truck. That might be another thing to consider since you tow. I ordered a tuner that shuts down the EGR, it's an engine tune with turbo braking and ups horsepower & torque, plus a transmission tune to optimize gear selection. The tune would depend on whether or not you are required to emissions test, although you could swap back to stock for emissions testing.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
ALFAOBD is available from AMAZON, it's available for ANDROID or PC, I think the PC version must be obtained from the ALFAOBD website. You can search that & find out. I got the trial version to make sure it would work on the platform I wanted to use( an unused KINDLE FIRE), full version is 49 bucks, and is much more functional than the other apps for use on MOPAR vehicles.

Last edited:

Gproduce

Sep 14, 2020
Truck Year
This works to monitor quite a few things but the only real way I found to check if it's in regen is to monitor dpf exhaust temp. It has a emissions status but no way to read it while driving as it's too small. If it goes up over 1000 then you know its active. But, you say you tow your RV. You actually don't need a freeway to do a regen if you meet the parameters
What are the parameters? I thought it was speed. I have driven at slower speeds but higher RPMS and it doesnt seem to work.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
The parameter rpms and exhaust temperature , I think DPF INLET, I watch my edge soot parameter & the regen status, when it starts a regen on it's own I'll drive until it shuts off, I had one 80% message & that's when I decided I needed something to tell me when it's happening. The fact that it has no way to really tell when a regen is happening is the achilles heel of these trucks & is what causes the 80% & 100% full messages IMO.

Last edited:

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Once its starts a regen, you only have 30sec of idle time before it stops again, so you drive, quick park and maintain 1500 to 1800rpm and it will stay active till it completes. Works good for me anyway

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Or try and find a freeway to keep steady driving but if I'm almost where I wanna go, I just finish once there. Then let it idle till temps are back down under 400 and shut down

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I found that before my AFE SPRINT BOOSTER it was VERY hard to gauge & maintain rpms with the way the throttle came on, my SFT tune helped more than the sprint booster. Getting the temp under 400 degrees is to keep from coking the turbo bearings, I read numerous posts that say it won't happen with the synthetic oil, BUT it's MY TURBO & I'll protect it if I want.I'd love a turbo timer for it!