• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1st year of the Ecodiesel, my 1st Truck...

BlackSLTeep

Sep 23, 2018
Truck Year
Hello from the Commonwealth of Va,

This is my 1st post as a 1st time diesel truck owner of a one-owner 2014 SLT Ecodiesel, Black 4x4 crew cab w/ 55k miles. This is my first truck period trading in a 4 door G35x which feels like a clown car in comparison to the crew cab of the 1500. We have had SUVs and our other car is 4Runner, but nothing beats the way this beast rides and drives. My wife and daughter are really digging it which is great considering how long it's going to be before it's paid off - ha.

We live in Richmond, Va, the state capital where there is an unwritten law that half of all vehicles on the road at anytime of day are 4 wheel drive pick ups and SUVs. This particular truck caught my eye back in May since it's one of few I could find for under $30 k but ultimately passed on it the first go around. Lo and behold, I spot advertised again in CarMax but in Wichita, KS this past August and pulled the transfer trigger. I am happy to relay my mostly positive experience with CarMax no haggle in another post for another time.

In the meantime, I will be looking for excuses to travel, researching how much DIY of the 60k service coming up that I can handle, and enjoying my early 50th bday present. (Thank you, hon)

BlackSLTeep

Sep 23, 2018
Truck Year
Thank you Boostn. So far the truck has been great overall. I do miss some of premium sound and navigation options from my last car so I am already thinking about trading up to a 2017 or 18 Laramie in a few year.

I assume the forum has a thread on the FCA lawsuit? Tomorrow is a key hearing date, right? Let's hope we all end up on the right side of that equation.