• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2014 eco diesel in shop still been there since 3-16-2020 for repairs

mjames

Jun 5, 2020
Truck Year
has anyone had problems getting parts? My truck has been in the shop since the middle of march and they still can't get all the parts in to finish the repair.

had the motor using over a gallon of antifreeze every two days due to a bad egr cooler that they did not have a replacement for.
then they tell me they got one and bring it in and they will put it on and fix my truck.(3-16-2020)

They did put me in a rental on FCA's dime. 2020 jeep grand Cherokee. only had 575 miles on it upon picking it up but now has over 4,000.
any way they changed the egr cooler then said the intake manifold was melted also so they were going to change that, then they tell me that the coolant has destroyed the turbo and the dpf filter along with the nox sensor. it take two week for them to tell me they have my truck back together and back out test driving it. Upon the end of the test drive the check engine light came back on and they checked it and the water pump is not pumping enough coolant to work the heater or cool the turbo so they change that. then they tell me the oil cooler is leaking and the oil turned milky .(never did this before) then after another two weeks they tell me it must have a bad head gasket also.
so they tear the truck back apart replace both heads and can't get the head gaskets for three weeks. after they get these in put it back together and drive it the crankshaft position sensor ring has failed and they have to pull the transmission out to repair. they got the ring in but not the sensor in and have been being told the part will be in the next day for over two weeks. to this day it is still in the shop and not drivable.

Has anybody had these issues with FCA not having parts for these trucks. (I know it took them from OCT 2019 till March 2020 to design a egr cooler they say will solve the cracking issue but what about all the other thing that have now gone wrong AFTER AEM!!

this truck had not given me any problem at all till the AEM was done!

Last edited:

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
I had my truck sit over a month for an EGR replacement. Under the AEM software update agreement. The class action lawsuit allows for a vehicle buyback regardless of waiting for a part. I didn’t follow up with it. I had the EGR replaced in 14 days the second time. I brought it to a different dealer. The only problem was they did put 172 miles on it to test it. During that service they replaced the catalyst and sensor. I wasn’t pleased to have my ABS brake light come on after they replaced my front shocks under warranty.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
next they will tell u the motor is shot and they r on backorder

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep, its differently going to be a zero motor after the Dealers money's get done practicing on it. The engine is out of production it will be reman.