• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2014 Ram 1500 ED 3.0L DTC P0402, P0299

RSamaroo

Jan 2, 2020
Truck Year
Hi All,

Need your HELP!!!

My truck is a 2014 Ram 1500 ecodiesel with 124,000 miles. I was driving to work on a rainy morning, my truck engine suddenly stall and start smoking white around the right engine compartment. The smell was some what like and electrical fire mixed with engine coolant. Pop the hood and most of the smoke was gone, I check for leaking fluids around, nothing dripping. I then noticed that coolant was a bit low. Truck restarted with no problem and no fault lights.

To prevent any damage, I towed the truck to the dealer, their diagnostic was; 1. Air filter, 2. Coolant bypass valve. I had them replaced both parts which cost me $683.00. Then 2 days later I was told that it might be the turbo. I didn't agree with their finding and at the end of the conversation t told them that I will pick up my truck. The customer care personnel said, they will have the mechanic put the truck back together and when it all done they will give me a call. I never got a return call, although I left at least 5 messages to find out if my truck was ready. So I showed up at the dealer unannounced, after an hour or more of bullshit from the dealer the truck was brought to the front and I was handed a bill for $1,270.25. Check engine light was on and after a scanned got codes P0402, U0100, and P0299.

Return home cleared the codes and restart the truck, with less than a minute the engine light came back-on, re-scanned and got the same codes.
After 15 minutes checking the truck with my friend, who is a heavy duty truck mechanic, find that the turbo boost (MAP(Part #: "Bosch 0281006330" )) sensor (located on the back of the intake manifold below the turbo Intake hose) was really burnt and a piece was missing. Replace the sensor ($109.00), cleared the codes and the truck drove excellent for 20 minutes, I parked and while idling the engine light return with the same codes.

I removed the Intake and there is some oil, not much, in the intake, also remove the EGR pipe to the intake manifold, this was clean, there is a little soot build up in the intake manifold. I also notice a drop of coolant on the EGR valve.

GrannyGruber

Jun 1, 2018
Truck Year
It sounds like your EGR cooler may have failed, symptoms similar to what happened to my 2014 . My truck has been at the dealer going on to 6 weeks, EGR cooler failed , waited 4 weeks for parts. They were test driving it and the motor blew up ! Now their asking for $2000 towards engine replacement.
Did you have the emissions reprogram done and get the warranty? I am now waiting on the law firm that handled case to get things settled with FCA . Good Luck

RSamaroo

Jan 2, 2020
Truck Year
Wow! Engine Blew. No I haven't sign up for the emission upgrade, however I had took my truck to the dealer in July to have the seat-belt recall done and I think they may have done it with out telling me.
I will take my truck back to the dealer and asked them to do the AEM reprogram.