• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 Ecodesiel problems and community advice

No1up

Jul 10, 2018
Truck Year
My 2015 ecodesiel with 102300 miles just stopped while I was getting on the expressway. What a nightmare. It's been sitting at the dealership since Friday. I get the call today that (to start) they need to drop the transmission and replace the crankshaft positioning sensor. It's on back order and will take 3 weeks.

I'm literally 2300 miles out of warrenty and this kind of repairs start to pop up? I take good care of my truck. I need a truck, I use it for work and depend on it, and give her the best of anything she needs. I'm so disappointed with dodge. Should I contact them and ask them to help with this $1200 repair along with 3 to 4 weeks of rental car? I can't even trade the paperwheight in because they can't fully diagnose the problem.

Any advice would be great. Should I eat the cost and keep silent?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If you have a good relationship with the service manager , They have the power or word to push it through on warranty.

redvettx2

Aug 3, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Ask Ram for some good will. Wifes VW dropped and injector. VW has had issues but by VIN was not part of it. Then they said it need an intake manifold and something else as if they put it together it will cost twice as much to do it later. 2K later I have a new $50 injector and I want happy with car just out of warranty with 60K. Deal said call VW and ask for some good will. They looked and saw I had owned 2 other VW bought new and have a Ducati which VW owns. They had my history. They covered the entire repair at NC as good will. Doesn't hurt to ask. I did put a little pressure on them as 2K for one injector what about the other 3. 8K for injectors on VW who is screwing who. Dealer was willing to take $800 off right away. Wife was handling it until I got involved. They were going to screw her over until the hammer came town. It was smart by VW as I would have never bought another one.