• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 Ram EcoDiesel problems

ZNL2000

Jan 18, 2017
Truck Year
I know this post is going to sound like a broken record, but I have also had problems with my 2015 Ram. The first problem I had was in May 2015. Truck had about 25,000 miles on it when ETC light came on and truck went into 'limp' mode. I called the dealership and advised them of the problem...they told me to 'go ahead a drive it into the dealership' I told them I was 40 miles away, and they laughed and told me they would see me in about 1 1/2 hours. After arriving at the dealership the lady at the service desk advised me that I caused the problem by driving 2 footed (which she had to explain to me because I have never heard that terminology), prior to an evaluation of the truck by a technician. She told me this was a 'common problem' with the EcoDiesel and the truck would need a software update and everything would be fine.

And everything was fine for about 4 months. August 19, 2016 same problem occurred AGAIN. Truck had 36500 miles on it. Long story short this is what was written on the description of service and parts when my truck was finally fixed 4 weeks later. Turbo underboost. Inspected/tested induction system OER star case #.... No leaks found. Found wastegate actuator causing internal turbo boost fault. Test drove and monitored boost pressure. Removed boost pressure sensor for inspection. Sensor clean and in good condition. Also remove and inspected O2 sensors for build up. All sensors appear in good condition. Inspected turbocharger actuator and found actuator binding causing low power condition. Replaced turbocharger. Removal of transmission, both exhaust manifolds, engine oil cooler, and evacuation and recharge was required to replace turbo. Replaced fuel crossover tube and all necessary seal and gaskets. Bled air from cooling system, cleared DTC, test drove, no other problems found. Target boost and actual boost now match.

I asked the lady at the service desk if I could talk with the mechanic who worked on my truck, she said that was not possible because he was 'super busy.' I asked her if I could have copies of the 101 pieces of paper that appeared to be mechanics notes, work orders, etc. and she said no because everything was written out neatly on the description of service and parts.

So...my question is...this appears to be a common problem, correct? Does the problem seem to reoccur after it is 'fixed?' Is a reduction in fuel mileage and indication or precursor to this type of problem (prior to the loss of power, which was very subtle but still noticeable when I reflect on how the truck was driving in July/August). Also, is an OER star case a direct report to the manufacturer?

VK2019

Feb 16, 2019
Truck Year
I know this post is going to sound like a broken record, but I have also had problems with my 2015 Ram. The first problem I had was in May 2015. Truck had about 25,000 miles on it when ETC light came on and truck went into 'limp' mode. I called the dealership and advised them of the problem...they told me to 'go ahead a drive it into the dealership' I told them I was 40 miles away, and they laughed and told me they would see me in about 1 1/2 hours. After arriving at the dealership the lady at the service desk advised me that I caused the problem by driving 2 footed (which she had to explain to me because I have never heard that terminology), prior to an evaluation of the truck by a technician. She told me this was a 'common problem' with the EcoDiesel and the truck would need a software update and everything would be fine.

And everything was fine for about 4 months. August 19, 2016 same problem occurred AGAIN. Truck had 36500 miles on it. Long story short this is what was written on the description of service and parts when my truck was finally fixed 4 weeks later. Turbo underboost. Inspected/tested induction system OER star case #.... No leaks found. Found wastegate actuator causing internal turbo boost fault. Test drove and monitored boost pressure. Removed boost pressure sensor for inspection. Sensor clean and in good condition. Also remove and inspected O2 sensors for build up. All sensors appear in good condition. Inspected turbocharger actuator and found actuator binding causing low power condition. Replaced turbocharger. Removal of transmission, both exhaust manifolds, engine oil cooler, and evacuation and recharge was required to replace turbo. Replaced fuel crossover tube and all necessary seal and gaskets. Bled air from cooling system, cleared DTC, test drove, no other problems found. Target boost and actual boost now match.

I asked the lady at the service desk if I could talk with the mechanic who worked on my truck, she said that was not possible because he was 'super busy.' I asked her if I could have copies of the 101 pieces of paper that appeared to be mechanics notes, work orders, etc. and she said no because everything was written out neatly on the description of service and parts.

So...my question is...this appears to be a common problem, correct? Does the problem seem to reoccur after it is 'fixed?' Is a reduction in fuel mileage and indication or precursor to this type of problem (prior to the loss of power, which was very subtle but still noticeable when I reflect on how the truck was driving in July/August). Also, is an OER star case a direct report to the manufacturer?

Did this repair solve your truck problems? And do you still own the truck, how many miles on it, and any other problems? thank you.