• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 Ram, had EGR cooler replaced (Safety Recall at Dealership) on 15 January, drove it a couple of times, no issues. Now I’m ‘losing’ coolant again!

JeffT

Feb 2, 2021
Truck Year
Hi, I’m a new member. Drove 400 miles yesterday (highway) and had to add about 2 jugs of coolant. Stopped at Dealership (below freezing weather and no cabin heat) they think it was a “burp issue.” Seem like a large air space to have to add that much. The entire coolant capacity is only 11.6 quarts. Anyone else had this problem? Solutions? I’m thinking of deleting the truck. Thank you

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
2 Gallons check your lube level, that much loss = problems

You should spend some time researching when O.A.T / H.O.A.T mixes with lube that's loaded with CAL.

Deleting is not going to reserve the damage already done, Your future looms with complete engine failure like 10K other 3.0 Owners.

Fix and and trade in the solution.

If the lube has not raisin , I promise you this OA level on Insolubles % , Antifreeze % and Sodium will be in the triple digits+. 400 miles likely took 80K+ out of engine life.

JeffT

Feb 2, 2021
Truck Year
Just wanted to update you that I had my truck back to the dealership to investigate. The problem was a coolant hose with a small leak that only occurred when the thermostat was open. The replacement hose part cost was $65 (total all in was just over $200). I did note that at no time did my oil level increase above maximum (normal level), or the oil look contaminated. Once they replaced the hose (they thought there was "some rubbing" to cause the failure) everything has been normal. I have to say I'm relieved!

Bruno55

Apr 7, 2021
Truck Year
2 Gallons check your lube level, that much loss = problems

You should spend some time researching when O.A.T / H.O.A.T mixes with lube that's loaded with CAL.

Deleting is not going to reserve the damage already done, Your future looms with complete engine failure like 10K other 3.0 Owners.

Fix and and trade in the solution.

If the lube has not raisin , I promise you this OA level on Insolubles % , Antifreeze % and Sodium will be in the triple digits+. 400 miles likely took 80K+ out of engine life.
It’s funny that hardly anyone knows about these problems as I have asked so many owners when I see them at big box stores.... doesn’t seem to be as many engine failures here... I spoke to the service tech and he admits there have been about 3 brought into his shop that needed new engines, told me that the likely cause just by looking at the vehicles was poor maintenance, trucks being over worked, hauling over the specified limits, poor service records, fluids not being checked or changed on time etc and guys simply running the crap out of them...

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Bruno, Likely (Statements) created by the same source that keeps drinking the Kool-aid, they blame the failures on the same lame excuses.

Hmmm even VM has dropped its ad campaign, Ram was required to remove the ECO in front of Diesel for a valid reason , Nothing is Eco about VM's 3.0.

Please enlighten Me on How you run the crap out of any 1/2 DSL. Why does the ZF 8HP hold up so Well when being ran the crap out of by the Power plant that's bolted to the front of the Trans?