• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 eco diesel 4x4 ..electronic throttle control

Kimberlyhope

Apr 16, 2019
Truck Year
service electronic control message came on as well as service exhaust filter 100 percent full! Are they related? I tried hway speed to correct but never regenerated. Lost power as well..Dropped off at dealer today, I am waiting to see what they say🤨

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
They will force a regen to clear the DPF and then give you whatever reason they can make up for the throttle message. The cause was likely a sooted up EGR diffuser tube and MAF sensor. In the future try to keep them clean and also monitor your coolant level to ensure that the EGR cooler is not leaking coolant into your intake. If I understand correctly, when you get the Service Electronic Throttle message it will not allow your truck to do a regen. So, one caused the other.

After you clean it up consider tuning it with a Green Diesel Engineering engine tune. Do that and you can avoid all these troubles, save fuel and go faster.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep...It will require stationary ash/de-sooting, its unlikely the dealer will spend the time to correct it properly...it will just return in the future...

How many miles on the truck?

Kimberlyhope

Apr 16, 2019
Truck Year
They will force a regen to clear the DPF and then give you whatever reason they can make up for the throttle message. The cause was likely a sooted up EGR diffuser tube and MAF sensor. In the future try to keep them clean and also monitor your coolant level to ensure that the EGR cooler is not leaking coolant into your intake. If I understand correctly, when you get the Service Electronic Throttle message it will not allow your truck to do a regen. So, one caused the other.

After you clean it up consider tuning it with a Green Diesel Engineering engine tune. Do that and you can avoid all these troubles, save fuel and go faster.

Kimberlyhope

Apr 16, 2019
Truck Year
Yep...It will require stationary ash/de-sooting, its unlikely the dealer will spend the time to correct it properly...it will just return in the future...

How many miles on the truck?
30000 mile on the truck. This is the first time having this issue.

Kimberlyhope

Apr 16, 2019
Truck Year

Who does the tunes?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
SEC, combinations of sooty intake Diffuser tube, Plenum, MAP, and DPF. its effects almost all VM3.0s at some point..

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Tune and delete same?
no, not at all. For instance on my truck I am running the GDE tune but i have not deleted anything. I have a warranty up to 100k miles so everything under the hood is bone stock. After 100k I am likely going to remove the EGR valve and cooler.

Kimberlyhope

Apr 16, 2019
Truck Year
no, not at all. For instance on my truck I am running the GDE tune but i have not deleted anything. I have a warranty up to 100k miles so everything under the hood is bone stock. After 100k I am likely going to remove the EGR valve and cooler.
Just got a call from dealer..584, for manual regeneration oil change and air filter

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
You can ask them to clean the EGR diffuser tube and MAP sensor for you but I think they will charge you 3-4 hundred dollars. You can do it at home in about 2 -3 hours for free! Post some pictures for us when you do it!

$584....geez. Yeah, get the tune

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Just got a call from dealer..584, for manual regeneration oil change and air filter

Its need Stationary De-sooting, and requires someone that Knows what their doing...I hope Boostn don't delete this but I've done probably over 100 and its resolve its 100% of the time, 1-3hr of time and cost about $200.00. Kimberly You need to get this truck to the AEM $$$ and this will be covered....You are welcome to call Me Todd 763-228-7121... Dealer hands tied on matters like this.

Yes you will need to clean the MAP and possibly the diffuser tube..

Kimberlyhope

Apr 16, 2019
Truck Year
You can ask them to clean the EGR diffuser tube and MAP sensor for you but I think they will charge you 3-4 hundred dollars. You can do it at home in about 2 -3 hours for free! Post some pictures for us when you do it!

$584....geez. Yeah, get the tune
Yep I think I will be getting my hands dirty here real soon..going to try and clean them myself. It really agrervates the sh*t out of me that they charge to manually regen when the truck should be doing it itself at hway speeds. They never would give me a clear answer on the throttle issue

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
They don't know on the throttle. The computer isn't telling them and that is a real limitation on the software. The engineers should have captured the problem and changed the software by now but apparently they have not. So, the techs are not being told by their software tools to check the diffuser tube and MAP sensor. So what they do is guess and unless they have serviced a bunch of ECO's they don't have a clue.

What you also need to do is keep an eye on your coolant level. If it is not at full you could have an EGR slow leak that cakes up the intake and the MAP sensor.

Big58cal

Apr 17, 2019
Truck Year
Just registered here. Gotta say you all are a wealth of information!! I have a 2015 with 66k miles on it. Last Thursday I got the message to Service the Electronic Throttle Control and the truck lost power. Didn't drive it very much over the weekend and Monday morning when I started it up I got the message that the Exhaust Filter was 100% Full. Dropped it off at the dealer yesterday morning. They eventually called me yesterday. EGR was totally out and was what was causing both of the error messages. $3,423 to fix it.

I did a Google search Monday to find out more about the Exhaust Filter and found this place. Up to now, I've not had any issues with the truck (other than a tree landing on it last summer almost totaling it). I can see right now that I'm going to have to save my pennies and get some of these gadgets for the truck and get out there and take care of it more. This is the first diesel I've had, so everything to do with them is pretty foreign.

Thanks for all of the information I've gained off of here. I'm sure I'll be on here more in the future!

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Wow! $3,423 is a lot. Here is the top two pages of the settlement along with the list of pollution control devices that will be replaced free under the settlement. The judge is expected to sign the order on 5 May. You may want to tell the dealership to wait until the judge signs the order so you get it free. The rest of the document is at www.ecodieselsettlement.com but this document gives you what you need.

Attachments

• Extract of extended warranty.pdf
    764.1 KB · Views: 16

Big58cal

Apr 17, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks cs! I'll see if I can talk to the dealership and see what they'll do. I got something in the mail about the diesel settlement. I'll have to go back and reread it. I want to think that there was something in there that if you had the repairs done on your own dime there was a way to get reimbursed for it.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Just registered here. Gotta say you all are a wealth of information!! I have a 2015 with 66k miles on it. Last Thursday I got the message to Service the Electronic Throttle Control and the truck lost power. Didn't drive it very much over the weekend and Monday morning when I started it up I got the message that the Exhaust Filter was 100% Full. Dropped it off at the dealer yesterday morning. They eventually called me yesterday. EGR was totally out and was what was causing both of the error messages. $3,423 to fix it.

I did a Google search Monday to find out more about the Exhaust Filter and found this place. Up to now, I've not had any issues with the truck (other than a tree landing on it last summer almost totaling it). I can see right now that I'm going to have to save my pennies and get some of these gadgets for the truck and get out there and take care of it more. This is the first diesel I've had, so everything to do with them is pretty foreign.

Thanks for all of the information I've gained off of here. I'm sure I'll be on here more in the future!

They tell every owner the same thing, Your welcome to call the Number above any time , I will help out and you can report the results back to this forum.

Big58cal

Apr 17, 2019
Truck Year
Just called the dealership and asked about it. They told me to call Chrysler. Called Chrysler and they told me to call the EcoDiesel Settlement number (1-833-280-4748). Called them and the woman said that I would need to pay for the repairs up front, but I could submit a claim for reimbursement after May 1st and get the money back. WooHoo!!!!