• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 Ram Eco Diesel P0088

Awarren

Oct 31, 2022
Truck Year
New here and new to Eco Diesel! Bought used 2016 with 120,000 miles. You guys are scaring me with all the problems! LOL Code P0088 High fuel pressure at fuel rail. Replaced fuel filter and Fuel Rail pressure sensor and erased code. Two weeks engine light back on. Same code! What I have figure out surfing the net. Faulty fuel pickup pump if you allow tank to get low! Keep tank at half full or more no problem. Seems engine light will come on with 120 miles to empty! Fill tank reset code all good and no performance issues! I hear there is a recall on this. Being second owner do I have a recourse? How do I find out about the recall or engine warranty replacement everyone is talking about? Dealer isn't very helpful! Of course they are not! Sorry for long read and all the questions! Where do I find out about my truck specifically and what I can get help from dealer on? Thanks in advance guys! Allen

A standup guy

Oct 12, 2021
Truck Year
I am the second owner of a 2016 and had a SCR sensor go bad. Dealer replaced it on Warranty, which I was not even aware that system was covered by a warranty (maybe from the class action . .) The current recall is for the high pressure fuel pump failing. That could be why you are getting a code. The pump sheds metal particles into the fuel system. They are going to replace the pumps but currently do not have a replacement pump. Because of the recall, anything that has to do with that system is warranty-able, regardless of who owns it. At least that's my understanding.