• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 Ram Ecodiesel with blown engine

kraddle

Jan 2, 2020
Truck Year
I really need advice...we bought our 2016 ecodiesel from a Ram dealership end of July 2019. It was not disclosed the truck originated in Canada, which effectively voids the powertrain warranty. We tried to contact them regarding the class action and they state our truck is not part of the settlement, but cannot give us a reason why. We checked and it does include vehicles originating in Canada currently registered in the US. The truck is a limited 1500 and has not had the emissions "upgrade". The extended warranty would greatly help us here!! The engine went out without warning- literally sudden failure at 50,000 miles. Any suggestions or advice? The dealership is unwilling to help and I've already emailed the local Ram manufacturer representative who has yet to respond.

enaz

Jan 10, 2020
Truck Year
I really need advice...we bought our 2016 ecodiesel from a Ram dealership end of July 2019. It was not disclosed the truck originated in Canada, which effectively voids the powertrain warranty. We tried to contact them regarding the class action and they state our truck is not part of the settlement, but cannot give us a reason why. We checked and it does include vehicles originating in Canada currently registered in the US. The truck is a limited 1500 and has not had the emissions "upgrade". The extended warranty would greatly help us here!! The engine went out without warning- literally sudden failure at 50,000 miles. Any suggestions or advice? The dealership is unwilling to help and I've already emailed the local Ram manufacturer representative who has yet to respond.

It is my understanding that you would still be in the same boat. The AEM doesn't change your powertrain warranty its only for the parts affected by the AEM which you can find here: AEM Extended Warranty