• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2017 ED BigHorn

88Sporty

May 19, 2018
Truck Year
Bought my 17 EcoDiesel on Jan 20th 2018 and it was new. I now have 11,500 miles on it with no problems and must say that I love this truck. Ready for my 2nd oil change, having the dealer do it. I changed the fuel filter myself at 10,000 miles.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Bought my 17 EcoDiesel on Jan 20th 2018 and it was new. I now have 11,500 miles on it with no problems and must say that I love this truck. Ready for my 2nd oil change, having the dealer do it. I changed the fuel filter myself at 10,000 miles.

Welcome! You for sure save a lot of money when you do it yourself!

88Sporty

May 19, 2018
Truck Year
Welcome! You for sure save a lot of money when you do it yourself!
I used to change my own oil but disposing of it has become such a pain in the butt I have been having the dealer do it. I might get tired of paying the high prices the dealer charges for a diesel and start doing it myself again. This is my first diesel, I have always wanted one.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I used to change my own oil but disposing of it has become such a pain in the butt I have been having the dealer do it. I might get tired of paying the high prices the dealer charges for a diesel and start doing it myself again. This is my first diesel, I have always wanted one.
I understand about the disposal. It is a pain. But a solution may be storing the old oil in a 55 gallon drum and recycling it when full. That’s what I do. As far as oil changes themselves, this truck is by far the cleanest I’ve ever done. Not a drop spilled considering the filter cartridge style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Our local dump has a place you take the old oil and they "recycle" it for you. I just refill the new oil jugs with the old oil from the drain pan and drop them off there.

55 gal drum is a good idea, but moving/loading that thing isn't easy. I've done that (not oil, other chemicals) many of times, and a drum dolly will save your life!