• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2017 ED Particulate Load Status with Edge Monitor

greybear

May 5, 2018
Truck Year
Hi All, first post and all that.

I am trying to help the wife with her ED. FCA making us blind to the particulate load is maddening.

I understand that the 2017 is a different beast as far as ECU goes and that Edge CTS2 is not supporting it at this time(from their CS they estimate another 5-6 months out yet). I might have missed it, but I am curious to hear if the CTS2 will display particulate load, even if it won't perform a forced regen?

I found another thread somewhere that described Scangauge making a custom program to look at the hidden data points such as the particulate load. Is the only one at this time?

greybear

May 5, 2018
Truck Year
I decided to get the Scangauge device. It takes some setup but it does give clear data on the soot loading % and regen status. It is functional, just clumsy.
It does have the added benefit of multiple exhaust temperature data points, so not eh wife does not have an excuse to cool the turbo down. She knows what the tubro temp is and when shutdown is safe.