• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2017 ram eco engine light

Ryan B.

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
Bought a new 17 off a lot. great deal being its already a year old. same day I purchased the truck the engine light came on. P2002 and P20EE. they told me it didn't get the new updates.. Great so 45 minutes later guess what same codes. Now they said it was the Particulate sensor. 45 minutes later today its back on again? Anyone else with this issue? almost seems like they are guessing at the problem.

Bgbdwlf2500

Jun 24, 2018
Truck Year
Bought a new 17 off a lot. great deal being its already a year old. same day I purchased the truck the engine light came on. P2002 and P20EE. they told me it didn't get the new updates.. Great so 45 minutes later guess what same codes. Now they said it was the Particulate sensor. 45 minutes later today its back on again? Anyone else with this issue? almost seems like they are guessing at the problem.
I bought a 17 with 29 miles at the end of April. No issues at almost 4k at this point. Get it on the highway is my only suggestion. I was going 60 miles a day when I first bought mine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ryan B.

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
Update: when I purchased the truck after the 1st visit I waited till I put 2000 miles on it, just to make sure it was not just having a bad day. Now on its third visit. I told them to keep it till they get it right or they can have it back. So tomorrow July 6th I get my truck back. Its been in the shop 8 working days. They said they found a breach in the Particulate filter, so they are changing everything now, pump also from what they told me. Over 3000.00 in parts, not cheap for them! So tomorrow we shall see! Cant wait to get it back! Fixed that is :)

Bgbdwlf2500

Jun 24, 2018
Truck Year
Update: when I purchased the truck after the 1st visit I waited till I put 2000 miles on it, just to make sure it was not just having a bad day. Now on its third visit. I told them to keep it till they get it right or they can have it back. So tomorrow July 6th I get my truck back. Its been in the shop 8 working days. They said they found a breach in the Particulate filter, so they are changing everything now, pump also from what they told me. Over 3000.00 in parts, not cheap for them! So tomorrow we shall see! Cant wait to get it back! Fixed that is :)
Keep us updated

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ryan B.

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
Update: Well picked my truck up today at 12:00 SO glad to be out of the cheap run down rental. But at 1:30 I hear that beautiful BING!! OH YEA its back again and its the same code again. I called them to let them know it was a no fix and they told me to bring it back. But I will save my money up and do the delete kit. My buddy had the same issue's on a 2016. The delete from what he is saying made his truck run like a deferent truck. no turbo lag and 3-5pmg better. Now doing my research to make sure this will fix the issue. Not really what I want to do but if they cant get it right then ill move on and get this baby right. We shall see. Ill be back after I make the next step. :)

Ryan B.

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
Update: Well its been a long road. Finally came to some agreements. So I sent my paper work to be reviewed by a lemon law attorney. And found out that I was not the first owner and I bought the truck brand new. The first owner had the same issue and returned the truck the next day and the dealer decided they would fix it and resale as new!! SO lets just say it was a guaranteed win for me.
So they came up with a settlement agreement that was reasonable.
(1) Cash deal and I keep the truck and all warranty stays as factory. Or just get rid of the truck all together.

SO I did the basic delete kit and had my truck programed by PPEI. We did a 40Hp and a 90tq tune. I also did a S&B intake. the truck performs and has great response. By far its not the 0-60 of the Hemi BUT very happy with it. MPG went from 18 to 20 in town and at 70mph went from 28 to 30 mpg.. at 75 to 80 I did a 800+ mile trip with over a 1hr traffic delay. My average was 26.2. I am about to take a trip to Kansas at night and will get a good number for MPG. traffic permitting. :) Ill try to stay at a good speed so I can get some good numbers. keep in mind mine is a 4wd. And these numbers are true numbers not going off my dash which is very close to the same numbers anyways.. Hopefully the truck will continue to run flawlessly.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Update: Well its been a long road. Finally came to some agreements. So I sent my paper work to be reviewed by a lemon law attorney. And found out that I was not the first owner and I bought the truck brand new. The first owner had the same issue and returned the truck the next day and the dealer decided they would fix it and resale as new!! SO lets just say it was a guaranteed win for me.
So they came up with a settlement agreement that was reasonable.
(1) Cash deal and I keep the truck and all warranty stays as factory. Or just get rid of the truck all together.

SO I did the basic delete kit and had my truck programed by PPEI. We did a 40Hp and a 90tq tune. I also did a S&B intake. the truck performs and has great response. By far its not the 0-60 of the Hemi BUT very happy with it. MPG went from 18 to 20 in town and at 70mph went from 28 to 30 mpg.. at 75 to 80 I did a 800+ mile trip with over a 1hr traffic delay. My average was 26.2. I am about to take a trip to Kansas at night and will get a good number for MPG. traffic permitting. :) Ill try to stay at a good speed so I can get some good numbers. keep in mind mine is a 4wd. And these numbers are true numbers not going off my dash which is very close to the same numbers anyways.. Hopefully the truck will continue to run flawlessly.

Great outcome! Keep us updated on how it does, and how many smiles per gallon you get. :D