• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2017 Ram eco

BryanA

Nov 14, 2022
Truck Year
Hello this is my first post. I appreciate all the info I’ve been able to read on the site I have a 2017 ram eco stock it’s got 88,000 km I bought it because i like to keep the truck for a long time going into retirement i cant afford costly troubles if i can help it, my question is do i sell it and go back to a gas for the long run. Thanks i like to hear your thoughts. Cheers Bryan

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Hello and welcome to the forum.

You ask a tough question that only you can answer. You don't say what your truck needs are. If it is going to be a short trip daily driver, or you don't need the torque of a diesel, there's no reason to own a diesel.

I have a 2016 Eco that I bought new for the great mileage when making my 2000 mile trips, and as a daily driver. Then I bought a new 2020 3500 Cummins that I use for TT towing and those 2000 mile trips. So my 1500 is now only a daily driver for short local trips (the worst scenario for any diesel). It's become a pain in the axx. But I love the truck and have a lot invested in it, so I'll drive it until I can't drive anymore (I'm 89).

I don't know your situation, but if easy to do, I suggest getting a gasser. Keep us posted

BryanA

Nov 14, 2022
Truck Year
Hello and welcome to the forum.

You ask a tough question that only you can answer. You don't say what your truck needs are. If it is going to be a short trip daily driver, or you don't need the torque of a diesel, there's no reason to own a diesel.

I have a 2016 Eco that I bought new for the great mileage when making my 2000 mile trips, and as a daily driver. Then I bought a new 2020 3500 Cummins that I use for TT towing and those 2000 mile trips. So my 1500 is now only a daily driver for short local trips (the worst scenario for any diesel). It's become a pain in the axx. But I love the truck and have a lot invested in it, so I'll drive it until I can't drive anymore (I'm 89).

I don't know your situation, but if easy to do, I suggest getting a gasser. Keep us posted
Hi well I do a fair bit of highway driving towing recreational vehicles , small heavy camper, or a 14 foot tandem axle enclosed. But it is also a daily driver in the city for me. 👍

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Keep it 20-action-boy whistleing.gif