• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2017 Ram Laramie Ecodiesel

Blake

Feb 1, 2019
Truck Year
Hi everyone, sorry if this has been asked before, but i have a couple codes on my eco diesel and wondering if anyone can help me with some form of info. we have been in a polar vortex the last week or so, and my gf forgot to plug in my truck in -28 degree night. I started it the next morning and ended up getting a P0299 code (turbocharger underboost) loss of power and very hard to get up to speed. My local dealer said i should have plugged it in for a few hours before i tried to start it, (obviously would have done that if i knew it wasn't plugged in before i started it). put truck in heated garage for 10 hrs today and tried starting it again, code was gone, but when i pulled it out of heat it threw another P0299 (turbo underboost) again, followed about 5 mins later by P2463 (diesel Particulate Filter restriction-soot accumulation) dash says filter at %100 need service see dealer. my truck only has 26,000 km's on it.

Anyone have any ideas

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
You'll need to force a regen since it says your at 100%. Likely the truck will not complete it by itself. The dealer can do this, and some aftermarket tools can do it as well.

Blake

Feb 1, 2019
Truck Year
It's still under warranty so should I ih hst let the dealer do it? They cant get me in till thursday though is it ok to drive still?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
It's still under warranty so should I ih hst let the dealer do it? They cant get me in till thursday though is it ok to drive still?

I would avoid it if possible, but that's just me. Yes, especially since it's still under warranty.

Blake

Feb 1, 2019
Truck Year
Ok thank you, any suggestions on a good scanner or something I could run a regen myself with?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
There's only a few tools out there that will do it once it reaches 100% from memory, and the dealer is one of the few that has the tool. Luckily I've never experience that..

If you have a larger diesel shop near you, you might give them a call to see if they can help.

Blake

Feb 1, 2019
Truck Year
truck is going into dealer tomorrow morning, hopefully they can clear the codes and force a regen.

Blake

Feb 1, 2019
Truck Year
Ok so truck went into dealership and they cleared the codes plus had 2 recalls and an update for computer. They also said they have parts on order to replace the heavily sorted egr and tube

Blake

Feb 1, 2019
Truck Year
Ok so truck went into dealership and they cleared the codes plus had 2 recalls and an update for computer. They also said they have parts on order to replace the heavily sorted egr and tube
Update: parts finally came in, truck goes in next friday