• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2018 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel

Mark5

Mar 29, 2021
Truck Year
Hello from Aberdeen, Mississippi, today I was driving on 4 lane highway at 70mph, I came up on slow moving vehicle so I broke the cruise control by pressing the cancel button as I started to pass. The Service Electronic Throttle Control lamp came on just as the truck started to accelerate on its own. The accelerator went to the floor, I stood on the brakes and was able to hold it to 80 mph, well traffic fell in behind me I guess they thought I was going that fast intentionally. Then all of a sudden it went into limp mode almost got rear ended , it slowed to 35 and then started back normal. This is the second time this has happened, the first time they said it was caused by having left foot on the brake and accelerator at the same time. From that point I have been very aware not to do that. Still waiting on diagnosis. I was jus wanting to know if anyone else was having this problem.

Axel

Mar 28, 2021
Truck Year
Hello from Aberdeen, Mississippi, today I was driving on 4 lane highway at 70mph, I came up on slow moving vehicle so I broke the cruise control by pressing the cancel button as I started to pass. The Service Electronic Throttle Control lamp came on just as the truck started to accelerate on its own. The accelerator went to the floor, I stood on the brakes and was able to hold it to 80 mph, well traffic fell in behind me I guess they thought I was going that fast intentionally. Then all of a sudden it went into limp mode almost got rear ended , it slowed to 35 and then started back normal. This is the second time this has happened, the first time they said it was caused by having left foot on the brake and accelerator at the same time. From that point I have been very aware not to do that. Still waiting on diagnosis. I was jus wanting to know if anyone else was having this problem.
They are trained to lie to You. Do not believe what they tell You You have just experienced one of the many problems reported with the Eco diesel.

Mark5

Mar 29, 2021
Truck Year
That light seems to affect everyone at some point with not one particular fix sadly. Please let us know what the dealer says!
The dealer said that accelerator pedal stuck on floor Mat. What a joke , I am a retired High School Principal, I talked to my former Bus Shop manager, who is Master certified in all Diesel engines. By the way he’s also has about 40 years experience as diesel mechanic. When I told him what the dealer said he just started laughing and said they don’t know what to do and don’t want to spend money on trying to fix. Ram refuses to help, I had a long road trip planned a few days after this event and asked for trade assistance it was denied. I traded the same day at another dealership, the dealership I bought the ecodiesel from did not want to help at all they wanted MSRP for new vehicle and then lowballed me on ecodiesel. To cap it all off I get an email today saying congratulations you qualified for trade assistance exactly one week later. As much as I love the Ram trucks I am done with all of MOPAR.