• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2019 ecodiesel

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I was looking at the RAM homepage and noticed there was no 3.0 ed listed as a powertrain option?
Did RAM kill it?

Gunny45

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
I was wondering the same. I too did not see the option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
With so much controversies surrounding the 3.0 who knows.

Much has been said about the DOJ Criminal/Civil actions, the latest was , The U.S. Justice Department has offered to settle its emissions cheating lawsuit against Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV if the automaker recalls 104,000 vehicles and pays a substantial but
unspecified civil penalty.

The law only allow $ penalties, and correction to be COC, the law does NOT give the DOJ or the EPA the power force FCA to buy back vehicles, So IMO the penalty was so big it would have been less cost to buy them all Back. thus FCA none reply.

With new leadership Maybe FCA will want to put this engine on the shelf until resolutions have been decided.

Attachments

• U.S. Seeks Major Fines, Recalls in Fiat Diesel Settlement - Bloomberg.pdf
    352.5 KB · Views: 3

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
That's the rumor before Sergio Death, and No definite on what engine. IMO the 3.0 cannot survive Ford and GMs power plants, As it stands its only 15-17% of Rams sales.

This is My last Over seas Motor Diesel/Gas So the Ford's out for Me, I will be ordering New GM 3.0 Inline -6 Made right Here in America. the Only Way I stay FCA diesel 1500 is FPT or American made.

Last edited:

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Ford spent 500+ Million on Re-tooling (Dagenham) for the 3.0 Diesel. Its a marvel of mechanization compared to the rats nest VM Cento.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
There is lots of info on this elsewhere the current projection is they should hit dealerships around September 2019.

Gunny45

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
I believe I will slow down and hold off until I see the results from the 2019 or even maybe the 2020 ecodiesels. I heard they are revamping the eco to get more hp and torque. Hopefully they will also fix a lot of the quirks that keep some like myself from already owning one. I do like the look of the new ram 1500.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I’m with TC on this one. Had I not bought a new EcoD in ‘15, I would be in the market for the GM. It’s going to be the best all around of the halfton diesel offerings IMO.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
My ED has taken a turn for the worst, its Now puking coolant and is stuck in some type of destruction/safe mode, I drove it 40 Miles and was hitting 1300-1550F EGTs and My DPF temps 1100-1400F form Hillsboro WI Truck Pull on Sat. 40+ miles. Nuts

It went into this same mode Yesterday, I have to pull over and shut it down for it to go back to Safe operations. If I don't and I keep My foot in it will melt down and catch on fire

It also has develop a jerking at light throttle. and cannot get out of its own way and the power is gone until shutdown. NO codes/CEL

also this mode closes the EGR Valve for Miles this Clearly software related and illegal operation. Like I mentioned for years The ED has conditional software to defeat devices.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Dam that sucks TC. Sorry to hear.

Gunny45

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
TC, that really sucks!! I hope it is under warranty! I think if I owned one and wasn’t upside down in it, I would just let it burn, get the insurance and go a different route

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
My ED has taken a turn for the worst, its Now puking coolant and is stuck in some type of destruction/safe mode, I drove it 40 Miles and was hitting 1300-1550F EGTs and My DPF temps 1100-1400F form Hillsboro WI Truck Pull on Sat. 40+ miles. Nuts

It went into this same mode Yesterday, I have to pull over and shut it down for it to go back to Safe operations. If I don't and I keep My foot in it will melt down and catch on fire

It also has develop a jerking at light throttle. and cannot get out of its own way and the power is gone until shutdown. NO codes/CEL

also this mode closes the EGR Valve for Miles this Clearly software related and illegal operation. Like I mentioned for years The ED has conditional software to defeat devices.

Sound like you need to have it looked at by a good technician. Likely has a failing egr bypass circuit but you should understand how all that works lol.

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year

Have you done your intake plenum foaming recently?, maybe it doesn't like that process?

John

Nov 13, 2015

Sorry to hear this. I hope you figure it out soon. Keep us posted and good luck.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Sound like you need to have it looked at by a good technician. Likely has a failing egr bypass circuit but you should understand how all that works lol.

So explain the extreme heat and loss of Power, and the jerking, and puking?

So decades of background experiences, former owner of Dealership (Ram /Dodge) , close ties to FCA.

The entire system checks out, Do videos need to be provided?

How long Brokedown do you think that the turbo is going to last at 1300-1500+F, the DFP temps were hitting 1400-1500F.

If this happens to someone W/O gauges this will be the result. IMOEcodiesel fire 2.jpg