• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2020 Big Horn 4x4 Towing Capacity

Dfj12

Apr 19, 2021
Truck Year
Hello all,

New to the forum! Sorry if this has been posted already.
I have a 2020 Big Horn/Lonestar 4x4 with 3.21 gears. I am looking to buy a travel trailer in the near future and I have found a lot of contradictory information regarding max towing. Any information helps but I’m mainly interested in hearing from people who have pulled with a 2020/2021 with 3.21gears.
Thanks,

James

Mxvet0354

Apr 20, 2020
Truck Year
I would wait for TC to chime in here but it sounds like we had the exact same truck. I moved a friend's toy hauler, about 8,200lbs. All I will say is that I'm glad I was just moving it about 40 miles. I would have been white knuckled for sure on the interstate or freeway.

You are smart for investigating this, just because it can tow it, doesn't mean you should.

Dfj12

Apr 19, 2021
Truck Year
I would wait for TC to chime in here but it sounds like we had the exact same truck. I moved a friend's toy hauler, about 8,200lbs. All I will say is that I'm glad I was just moving it about 40 miles. I would have been white knuckled for sure on the interstate or freeway.

You are smart for investigating this, just because it can tow it, doesn't mean you should.
I hope he chimes in, the particular trailer I’m looking at is 6,000lbs

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I tow a 6600 lb TT all the time with my 2015 Big Horn crew cab. I had to spend some time and money setting it up but is tows like a dream.
1 handed driving at 60-65

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
No, I have the 3.92 gears.I added Load range E-rated tires (truck and TT), Timber Grove air bags, and a Hellwig swaybar. I also use a quality WDH and set my truck and TT at a CAT scale. Also set my trailer brake up properly.

Not sure if I NEEDED to do all that but is sure was effective and I can drive and stop confidently.

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Cutting to the chase and practically speaking from much experience pick a TT with a dry weight of 7k or less. Follow shadowabre's example and you will have a setup that is stable easy to drive and can stop confidently. If you plan to tow in the mountains an aftermarket tune that provides a turbo brake is a really reassuring addition.