• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2020+ Tuning Kits

Zgrove8

Feb 21, 2023
Truck Year
Hello everyone,

I am looking at getting the Green Diesel Engineering (GDE) tuner.
The company swears I will have lower soot levels and region cycles. I will get better gas mileage and longevity out of my diesel.

Does anyone currently have this GDE tuner within their 2020+ eco-diesel?

Please provide thoughts and comments and if maybe you have a different tuner that might be more efficient.

thank you in advance.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Many run the GDE epa compliant tune. The companies reputation is top notch and if emissions testing is a thing in your area it is a great option. Mr. Tuning @ Eco Owners Canada (EOC) is another option if you are looking for your "off road only" needs. :)

Zgrove8

Feb 21, 2023
Truck Year
Many run the GDE epa compliant tune. The companies reputation is top notch and if emissions testing is a thing in your area it is a great option. Mr. Tuning @ Eco Owners Canada (EOC) is another option if you are looking for your "off road only" needs. :)
Are you running any of these tuning kits?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I have been running a GDE tune since 2019. It is an older version that is no longer available.
I also have a transmission tune from SKT also bought in 2019. Both have been great since I installed them.

Zgrove8

Feb 21, 2023
Truck Year
I have been running a GDE tune since 2019. It is an older version that is no longer available.
I also have a transmission tune from SKT also bought in 2019. Both have been great since I installed them.
Curious, why didn’t you buy the transmission tube from GDE?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I was one of the last batch of customers to get the original tune from GDE. I went back to purchase the GDE trans tune at a later date and they were not selling any tunes at that time. Since then GDE has developed the tune they currently offer.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
I was one of the last batch of customers to get the original tune from GDE. I went back to purchase the GDE trans tune at a later date and they were not selling any tunes at that time. Since then GDE has developed the tune they currently offer.

FYI, the OP is asking about Gen3 ecodiesel, 2020-2023 model years. A completely different PCM and vastly different powertrain than what is in teh Gen2 ecodiesel 2014-2019. The Gen3 tuning works very well!

Zgrove8

Feb 21, 2023
Truck Year
FYI, the OP is asking about Gen3 ecodiesel, 2020-2023 model years. A completely different PCM and vastly different powertrain than what is in teh Gen2 ecodiesel 2014-2019. The Gen3 tuning works very well!
Do you work for Green Diesel Engineering?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Whoa, reread the posts. This started with Shadow answering the OP's #3 post, not the #1 post.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
Whoa, reread the posts. This started with Shadow answering the OP's #3 post, not the #1 post.
That is why I replied, his answer was misleading as it was not related to a Gen3 Ecodiesel. Gen2 and Gen3 are completely different for hardware and calibration.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Gotcha and thanks for clarifying.... Just relating my experience but I guess it is kind of comparing red apples and green apples!