• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2021 Ecodiesel First Impressions

Dlguzz

Sep 22, 2020
Truck Year
Not Listed
Just got my '21 Bighorn 2 weeks ago (2nd year/3rd gen engine). Factory order took 10 weeks. Crew cab, 4x4, 3.21 gears, 33 gallon tank. Everything stock. Two short trips in the mountains. 55-65 mph average and total miles driven approx 150 each trip. Average mpg for both trips has been 31 mpg on gauge and hand calculated. Overall driving approx 800 miles: half time city and half time at 65/70 is averaging 26 mpg. Once we are out of city limits, we drive 80-85 on the interstate here, so obviously it's going to get ugly on those trips, but so far, super happy. Quietest, most comfortable truck I've owned. Dave.

Dlguzz

Sep 22, 2020
Truck Year
Not Listed
Not so far, but honestly, I haven't driven it very hard. I have about 900 miles on it and so far, it's "snappier" than my '08 F150 with the 5.4L.

Dlguzz

Sep 22, 2020
Truck Year
Not Listed
Mileage update. Just completed a 750+/- mile trip. First long trip on the interstate. 2/3 interstate at 78 mph. 1/3 secondary roads at 35-65 mph. Overall, 27.5 mpg. Road trips like a Cadillac! Still very happy.

Mentor1013

May 30, 2017
Truck Year
Dave I am very encouraged by your performance and mileage reports and I thank you for taking the time to post. I am about to purchase the GDE Tune for my 2016 Ram Eco Diesel. One other question I have is did you have to pay a sales tax on your GDE purchase? If you live in Michigan I know you would pay a tax but if you live in another state were you charged sales tax?

Dlguzz

Sep 22, 2020
Truck Year
Not Listed
Dave I am very encouraged by your performance and mileage reports and I thank you for taking the time to post. I am about to purchase the GDE Tune for my 2016 Ram Eco Diesel. One other question I have is did you have to pay a sales tax on your GDE purchase? If you live in Michigan I know you would pay a tax but if you live in another state were you charged sales tax?
I don't have a GDE tube. The truck is 100% stock.

Mentor1013

May 30, 2017
Truck Year
I don't have a GDE tube. The truck is 100% stock.
I am sorry, I realized that after I had posted the question. I am very encouraged to hear your new stock truck is performing so well. FCA must have found a solution to the delayed acceleration problem. It is so bad in my 2016 I was almost T boned in San Jose last year. A speeding vehicle almost hit my driver side door but luckily for me chose to hit a tree instead. He was seriously injured and his vehicle was totaled. I had tried to cross an intersection when my truck just sat there and would not move. Good news, this morning I was told by GDE there will be no tax collected. Thanks again to you and Happy New Year.

Dlguzz

Sep 22, 2020
Truck Year
Not Listed
No worries!

So far, I have about 3500 miles on it. No issues at all that I can think of. Of course, a little less responsive until warmed up, but only lag I've encountered would maybe be the occasional, slower than I would like, transmission response when down shifting. That's been the case with any truck I've owned over the years. Any turbo lag I've noticed is minimal and acceptable in my opinion. Overall, I really can't think of anything I don't like about the truck/engine/power train as a whole. If I had to be picky, the built in garage door opener could have a stronger signal! A 1st world problem for sure. haha.

Happy New Year